need answers

Posted , 4 users are following.

Along with heartburn I feel a burn in my chest and back constantly with the feeling Like something is stuck in chest and throat. Anyone have this with gerd? Not sure if it's what I have but I would rather that then cancer

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Transferred pains through the thorax are commonly reported with acid reflux.

The feeling of something stuck in the throat is probably globus - the cricopharyngeal muscle tightening or spasming in an attempt to prevent extra oesophageal reflux.

But discuss it with your doctor in case it ahs a different etiology.

• Posted

Best to think its simple things before thinking about cancer. You could start with DGL for the globus and see how you feel in a week. Tgere must be over a hundred of us here taking two 20 minutes before each meal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.