Considering weaning off nortriptyline after 4 years + ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi..

So ive been on nortriptyline for over 4 years for chronic migraine. Im 25 and have had migraines for years, they used to be constant everyday, when i waken up etc, my neurologist had me try all medication but i had no luck with beta blockers, topamax etc and my last chance was nortriptyline and if it didnt work, the next option was an injection into the base of my skull (which i didnt want) luckily the nortriptyline at 75 mg decreased the severity and frequency of my chronic daily migraines.. now i have other health problem undiagnosed yet, and very bad constipation problems and fluid in my abdomen with bad distention, i never thought until recently that the nortriptyline could have been causing this but from reading on the internet its possible.

So im considering weaning off to see if my bowel problems go away and the fluid water retention, has anyone any suggestions on how to wean off this?

Withdrawal symptoms?

I know its possible that my terrible migraines could come back but i want to take a chance.

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nichola,

Well I dont know about coming off the Nortroptyline, but you might want to try Laxido for the bowels, if I didnt take this I would be constipated badly too,

It comes in powder form in a satchet and you just mix it up with water, I take one in the morning, one at night and its really effective.

This would reduce your fluid retention too.

Good luck, let us know how you get on

• Posted

Hi personal20..

Thanks for the recommendation but I've been taking laxido sachets for about 3 years now, 2 of those years I've been on it daily once a day but this past 6 months at least 3 days each week I have to take the maximum which is 8 sachets a day 2/3 days back to back, I don't find they help with the distension at all ;(

• Posted

Hi Nichola,

Sorry that I wasnt much help.with the Laxido.

I hope you find a good dr to help you get on top of this sittuation very soon, you must have a lot of pain!

Take care and good luck

• Posted

Yes Nichola I too am a chronic migraine sufferer who over the years have taken every single medication for migraines that has been produced to no avail.

Please buy xandria Williams book from Amazon the liver detox plan it will help your withdrawal symptoms migraines and your stomach enormously I promise.

I have recently opened a forum under migraines for the spring tms cranial magnetic device manufactured by eneura for migraine relief.whilst it is not a miracle cure by any means it definitely helps manage the pain and keep the symptoms at a lower level. I have been using it for three months and have managed to virtually stop taking vast quantities of painkillers.

Eneura the manufacturers will explain to you how to obtain one.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.