I'll try and explain feel very weird

Posted , 2 users are following.

After a very stressful past few weeks, I now not sure how I feel.My head feels empty, doesn't want to think, almost shut down. Don't really feel any emotion. It is like I am in a goldfish bowl looking out, the edges are slightly blurry. Is this what people call detached, derealisation? Almost crashed my car yesterday overtaking a parked lorry that started moving but it wasn't me, quite frightening, was waiting for the police to turn up at the house as I thought someone might of reported me for it. Wide a wake at 5.30 this morning but didn't get up until 11.30 just layed there staring into space. I have done some sensible things today got my med cert and handed into work, e mailed my union rep for advice so I can think sort of but it still doesn't feel like me. I've shut down does this make sense???

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi you really need to see your doctor maybe make a double appointment so you have a chance to really talk things over, making a list of all your concerns would help - so easy to forget if you're a little anxious. Do you have anyone to talk to about this someone close like your mum?. Sounds to me as if you are a bit depressed and stressed. Talk to someone you are close to or your doctor. There is always the Samaritans as well, I know someone who use to ring them on a regular basis they are very good and it really helped.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply I am currently under the care of a cpn and psychiatrist, haven't got an appointment with cpn until next Monday and councillor a week Tuesday. I just can't seem to think, maybe my head has just had enough of the stresses lately maybe. I'm just finding it really weird.
  • Posted

Hi Tina,

yes. I think I know what you are describing.

i have days when I walk down the street and I. Wouldn't recognize my own sister if she was walking by. Everything is blurry. A bit detached. Like on autopilot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.