Urolift / Low T / Testopel

Posted , 6 users are following.

Coming out of the woods with my Urolift, p*ssin great then all of a sudden back to a strain, and push, slow start and the dribbles! 3 weeks into it.I have low T so I go to my reg doc and get a shot of Testtesterone, next day I go to my dentist and in the chair for 4 hrs! A lot of numbing going on. Next day, I'm back to day 1 with the p*ss issue! Any thoughts?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm a little confused as to the chronology of events. Was the testosterone shot before the "strain, psh, slow start, dribbles" or after? Also, was this your first shot of testosterone or have you been treated before for low T? Also, not sure what the dentist has to do with all this, please explain.Thanks.

Jim

• Posted

Jim,    I had been researching the Urolift since last Oct.  I had just stumbled upon.    i was not seeing a urologist at the time, just my primary care..    I had just became dependant upon tamsulosin for several years as when i first recoginzed that i had a problem.  I had a TUMT done like 15 yrs ago Microwave therapyt,     which did not help at all.   so I turned my head away from anyone doing anytghign else to my prostate,

Last year i was feeling sluggish and my sexual life was sort of going on the back burner,   so I hasd my t level checked,   it was around 200  so my reg. doc got me started on the shot.   It leveled out at around 400 but I was getting a shot everty other week,   300 ml.    During this time I contacted the people at Urolift and with their fine help directed me to the Urolgy Assosciates of Central Calif.     The main focus was 0n the procedure,   and then shorly after doing the testopel to level out my t number for a longer stretch of time,   like 4 to 6 months at a time.    However 3 weeks after my procedure i stepped into my reguar dr. office and had the nurse give me a shot since it had been 6 weeks since I had one and I was doing it evry 2 weeks,   so since they already had my testestron there in their cool storage,   i got my shot,  which indeed made me feel way better,   it was not good for my prostate.    hope that helps to clear it all up for ya!    Anthony

• Posted

I also have low T. Thetestosterone treatment causes your prostate to swell. I'm surprised your doctor gave it to you now. If I were you, I would stay away from it for 2-3 weeks until your prostate heals some.

Neal

• Posted

Yes Neal,  you are correct.     i was on a shot therapy for about a year but had been off for 6 weeks which was being adminstered by my primary care physician in my home town.    My urolift dr is about 90 miles away.    We had discussed the testopel,   I did have an appointment with an endrocrinologist to see exactly why my T is low.   she orderd blood tests which were done and then my next appt is 2 months out.  So I thought well my urolift was done 3 weeks ago so I am going in to see me reg, doc and get a shot,   I totlallty felt like I needed it,   so i got the shot and it did affect my urine flow for like 3 days,   I told my urolift dr today what I had done and he said that he did not know i was going to do that ,  that we were waiting on the right time to do the testople.    then he said   in 2 weeks we will move forward with the testopel....  so    yes the shot, 300ml did affect my flow.  so early in the game   probly noty a good idea
    • Posted

That's good information. I'll wait 5 weeks after my PAE to restart testosterone therapy. I didn't know how long to wait, but now I have an idea. Thanks,

Neal

• Posted

It looked to me like the urolift only pulls the sides apart judging from the video on the website.  If you have a median lobe that is still enlarged, it may be pushing up against the bladder neck.  Perhaps you should get a cystosopy and see if the bladder neck is a funnel pointing down or if it looks like a volcano shape because the prostate is pushing it up from below.
    • Posted

i had a cystoscopy and no median lobe was detected.    I did ask my doc if he could do another one since the procedure,   he said  we need to wait at least 3 months to allow everything to complety calm down and set permanently in place or we take a chance of interrupting the integrity of the procedure.    I just want a look at the end product to make sure that alll is good  or if perhaps additional implants may be needed,
    • Posted

What ever,  exactly the urolift does,  and how it is installed is still a bit confusing to me to be honest,   however i will say that I have not peed this great in over 15 years!     If you are debating on it,   just do it!
  • Posted

Hi, I am also a little bit confused, to be honest, I had my Urolift over 2mts ago, now back to normal life, no problems. Getting up 1-2 times at night but ok. I feel great, no other issues.

Roland

• Posted

Good, every day better, a bit tender of course, frequent peeing, six times up at night, but was expected, second week better, end of third week pretty much back to normal.
    • Posted

Roland,  my first week was pretty tough,  i went home after my procedure then deterined that I was retaining, probably because i was so inflammed and swollen that my urine could not get out so i was on a cath for about 10 days,,   during which time i had to move my daughter to Texas from California, and my Doc said absolutly for me to be on a cath.  3 day road trip ,    no chances.    I saw my doc today and I am peeing great.    2weeks and I go in to get the Testopel.   Im good to go!!!
    • Posted

Also. Roland,   I will add that I am sleeping very well and maybe get up only 1 time to go pee.   If that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.