Clostridium difficile (C Dif) Come and Go?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can Clostridium difficile (C Dif) come and go? Meaning wake up with it in the morning, by evening have relief and it come back again when you wake up in the next morning?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Are you sure its C diff?      This is usually  watery and nasty smelling,sometimes with blood and severe cramps and several bowel movements in a day.     Why do you think its C Diff and not just an upset stomach,which is likely to resolve itself just by being careful with what you eat and drinking plenty? 
    • Posted

C Diff test results have not yet been received. It is probably not C Diff because I tend to feel better by the end of the day. C Diff is typically 24/7. Right now it is morning when I feel my worse. Very upset stomach very weak - almost full body achy. It's taking my full energy just to type this post. This makes no sense to be so sick every morning and day and feel better in the evening for 5 weeks post op. I'm afraid to sleep at night for fear of what the morning brings. I am so miserable.
  • Posted

You certainly dont sound well,and for 5 weeks post op?  Did this start in hospital and what was the op you had?  
    • Posted

It started the day after I got home from the hospital. I broke my tibia and fibula and several cracks in the knee from compression. Had a plate put in with screws
  • Posted

Are you taking codeine or morphine based drugs for pain relief? These can sometimes cause nausea.    

The op was obviously the result of an accident and I'm guessing you were totally body scanned for other injuries?   

Does this happen when you lift your head off the pillow?  I'm thinking some sort of unbalance in your ears like vertigo which causes awful sickness. Are you able to eat at all without being sick.  Was it loss of balance that caused your injuries?

• Posted

I have not taken anything for pain for 5 weeks now. No, my injury was not due to loss of balance. I hopped off the tailgate of my truck and fell wrong. I am taking meclizine for motion. I am sleeping sitting up.
  • Posted

A puzzle indeed and I hope you get the results of your tests very soon as an upset stomach lasting as long as this is very debilitating as you are finding out.  In the mean time I hope you are drinking  to keep hydrated. Are you taking Dioralyte? this will help with rebalancing essential body fluids.   You need to keep pestering your doctor for some answers...this has gone on far too long now. I will be interested to know the outcome.
    • Posted

C Diff is negative. Waiting for other results. Yes, I emailed my Doc again this morning. Waiting to hear back from him.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.