Back to the start

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I am new to forum, with the hope to find the good suggestion..

I had a colonoscopy before 6 months, as report come normal, which I was felt that, there Is nothing to worry about my health.

but, from las 1 week I am have seen the Bleeding In the stool on every bowel movement..

bit confuse, Is there any chance that something has been left out In my colonoscopy test.. ??

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi bhav....I wonder if this may be due to internal haemmaroids....?.. I would go back to your doctor and explain what is happening.. Trust all will work out..
  • Posted

I agree with anna - if you have anal bleeding you should see your Dr.  Meanwhile, to put your mind at ease, if the blood looks fresh - like blood should - then chances are very high it's haemorrhoids and your Dr can tell you what if anything you need to do. 
    • Posted

Yes, Tom  there Is fresh blood everytime when I have a bowl movement, also I had past history of haemorrhoids as well..

It could be that, I was little bit scared because I had a normal report on colonoscopy and suddnely come accross to this things.. thanks anyway

• Posted

It sounds like it could be piles which have formed since the colonoscopy as I'm sure they would have been detected during the procedure if they had been there. The symptoms could also mean you have a fissure which is a small cut on or around the anus. Does it hurt when you have a motion? I don't think you need to worry that they have missed anything sinister. Go to your GP and ask them to check. If it is either a pile or fissure you can get creams to help both. Good luck
    • Posted

HI,

Thanks for reply !

You could be right, couple of times I show on my bowel movement, there are little Spray of Blood coming from my bottom on tolilet wall..

It could be a fissure. as I have searched more on this..

• Posted

In any case, you need to see your doctor.

If she can't find a definite cause for the bleeding, she may recommend another colonoscopy. A colonoscopy is not a 100% guarantee that you do not have colon cancer.

I have had two colonoscopies in the last ten years.

They are, quite literally, a pain in the a**e, but a necessary one.

• Posted

Hi,

Did they take samples for the lab? I could see the sampler open and close while they took them and the sound of it being zipped out of the tube (endoscope) to go to the lab?

You might see some blood in your stool, because the samples they take do nip your system, and they cause a little bleeding, I think. It does that to me. Since I have UC I find drinking volvic water helps me. 

How much bleeding, is it just spotting or liquid blood? Did you have sedation  or anything, is it getting better? Drink plenty of volvic water, I live on the stuff as it's better for me than all the ggoul drugs!

They could have missed a little ulcer, did you see the screen as the procedure happened? If there were little white/pale patches that could be an ulcer, but they shouldn't have missed that. Try the water treatment, it might give you soft stools first but eases your system. 1 liter a day then you cut down but for me not out of the water. Good luck!

• Posted

HI,

No, they didn't took any sample, and my report came normal.. after 2 week of my colonoscopy..

I am having the fresh liquid blood every time, quantity of blood is not much everytime. but, might be I should tried change of driking water..

Thanks

• Posted

You need to get a Dr's opinion and not rely on the forum for this.  Probably it is trivial or minor but only a Dr will know.  There are some veins in the rectal area and if one has been compromised, maybe during the procedure, Dr might need to band or cauterise it.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.