What's everyone taking?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys,

Through it might be a good idea for us all to write what meds we are taking a whether it's helping or not, to give each of us some hope that differnt things help differnt people.

I'm taking 5mg levocetirizine in the morning.

ranitidine 150mg at night

cetirizine 20mg

I thought it was going well as I started it on Monday but tonight I seem to be having a break out! Very upsetting

Xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

6am 150mg Ranitidine, 180mg Fexofenadine (can take 360mg of Fexo if needed)

12pm 150mg Ranitidine, 10mg Cetirizine 

6pm 150mg Ranitidine, 10mg Cetirizine 

10pm 150mg Ranitidine, 180mg Fexofenadine, 10mg Montelukast (again can go to 360mg Fexo if needed)

I came up with this combination myself and it's working ok for me.

I'm also supplementing with:

1000mg Vitamin C either once or twice a day

1 dose Quinton Isotonic a day (mineral supplement)

1 Acidophilus a day (best quality I can afford)

I'll also start on high strength Vitamin D in October

Quite a cocktail every daysad

• Posted

Hi Laura. I am now just on the anti inflammatory diet. It has worked amazingly for me . Have been on it 2 months and will start adding back some things in another month and see how I get on. I thought I was never going to feel itch free ever again but I do.  I also Use aveeno oatmeal based moisturiser on my skin (have mild eczema )

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

My urticaria were a direct result of a vitamin d deficiency. I take 5000 ui a day and haven't had a single break out since getting my levels in a normal range.
  • Posted

Hi I have tried many meds including the many antihistamines, recently azathioprine but didn't work, I'm now on mycophenalate mofetil 2 x 500mg 3 times a day, and due to start xolair injections. At times for many years I have taken prednisolone 8 per day
  • Posted

I have been taking Quertin 500 mg, had high expectations but today had a very bad hive break out, very upset I love being outside
  • Posted

This is currently working well after a major outbreak.

5mg Prednisolone in the morning with 180mg Fexofenadine, 150mg Ranitidine and 4mg Chlorphenamine.

4mg Chlorphenamine with lunch. (add Fex and Ran on a bad day)

180mg Fexofenadine, 150mg Ranitidine and 8mg Chlorphenamine with dinner (6pm)

180mg Fexofenadine, 150mg Ranitidine and 8mg Chlorhenamine for bed. (remove Fex and Fen on a good day)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.