Feeling Confused!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone! I'm taking this tablet for menopausal anxiety and insomnia. I went to a GP who put me on mirtazapine 30 mgs. I've been taking it now for almost 3 weeks. I have managed to reduce Xanax (Alprazolam) and Zopiclone (sleeping tablet) but, nonetheless, I find it has changed my personality.  I feel angry, bitter, anxious, confused, and irritable most of the time.  I was never like this before. I just want my life back!

I look forward to your comments!  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I was on trazodone 50 for 2 weeks and then couldn't cope with my days. It made me sleep but felt depressed. I took it for tensiin anxiety. So i stop ed for 2 weeks and thought I'd go on mirtazapine 7.5 as told not so strong. I could only handle one night with it. I want something calm my nervous system down not zonked me and make me feel depressed. Maybe I should not have stopped at 1 because now I feel angry and depressed short fused no sleep. But after a while of taking different drugs diazepam zopiclone and stuff. You just don't know what is you anymore. And what is the drug.feels like everyone on here complains more than anything else. And I completely understand,but that's one reason I can't bring myself to take anything anymore. Which doesn't help either. I've been trying sresam but people say it's a placebo. Works for my mum but didn't really work for me either
  • Posted

Mirtazapine should not make you feel this way. I would go back to your GP and ask to come off them. Mirtazapine usually work very quickly to aleviate depression (within 2 weeks) and so if they haven't worked for you by now then I doubt they are going to.
  • Posted

Hi Theresa

Oh it sounds agony !  So much chemical change and coshing going on.  I think, in my humble opinion, to reduce Xanax and Zopiclone and then start taking another medicine it's going to take some time for everything to settle down for you.  It's well documented to only change one tablet at a time, but NOW I think you're confused as to wether its a wd from the other 2 or uptake of Mirt that is giving you these horrid sensations.

I agree with Evergreen, Mirt' usually works quickly to help insomnia ~ it has a slow release sedative effect that mostly lasts all the time.

I'd give it a little while, wait and see if things settle, but if not , whatever you do don't suddenly stop taking Mirt' as there is a slow wd method. 

Mirt' has been good for me, 15 mg for insomnia - the lower dose has a more sedative effect.  I hope it gets easier for you soon.

Wishing you well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.