Twitch/Tremor below left eye

Posted , 4 users are following.

For about 12 months+ now I have had a twitch/tremor below my left eye, just where the thin skin is just below your eye which I believe may be called the orbicularis oculi area of the face. 

The twitch is more so a tremor, where when seen in light such as sunlight etc; can be quite visible and it looks like a constant tremor, a bit like a pulsation.

I really don't know why this is happening as I'm generally quite healthy and have tried many things to make it go away. I do suffer from low confidence at the moment, but the reason for that is because of the twitch, and if this was to go away confidence wouldn't be so much of an issue. I have tried cutting out vaping ecigs but still no change, and I have also tried tonic water which people say can help. 

I have tried researching my symptoms online but most of what I find is people with actual eye twitches such as eyelid twitching etc; which is not what this is, as this is below the eye. 

Anyone else have anything like this? Any helpful things which I can try? I have tried massaging the eye but to no avail.  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean as I get one just below my eye when I am overly worried about something or just very tired.  Mine usually stop as soon as the worry or tiredness is resolved.     If neither of these apply to you I think a visit to your doctor is in order.
  • Posted

Did you ever resolve this.  I just started having a constant tremor/pulsation beneath my left eye and am wondering if I need to go to the doctor or not.  IT IS NOT A TWITCH--but a constant tremor under the skin.  It is not noticeable unless one looks closely but is definitely there.
  • Posted

I've too experienced this. It seems to have largely faded away now, although the eye still feels a little different to the other.

It may have been caused by eye strain as a result of working long hours at the computer...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.