final help please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.

After 5 months of tapering i'm now down from 225 to a half of 37.5 and halved again( i use a very sharpe craft knife). I've had a few minor symptoms each time i drop but can cope. Even on this tiny dose i feel awful if i miss one so has anybody got advice as to where i go from here.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

my hubby is only on 75 per day but because he is lightheaded he cannot do his job he is a driver stting at home all day is not helping him we cannot win he as quatipine at night so as his sleep back though which is good
  • Posted

Hi Ian

You've done really well to go from 225-37.5, that's amazing.

I too know the misery of coming off this stuff. I'm not as close as you, but I'm determined to be rid of it. Even my GP admitted that this is a drug he would never take himself, as the withdrawal is so hellish. However, lots of people have done it.

You're nearly there, I just think you need to take the final taper, very, very slowly. Shave very small amounts of a 37.5 pill, not decreasing anymore than 2-3 weeks apart.

Let me know how you go, and well done x

• Posted

Hi Helen.

Thanks for your support. Its interesting what your GP said that explains why my GP was happy to leave me on 225mg despite all the side effects which are now subsiding with every decrease. I'm already sleeping better have lost 3 stone and my headaches are less frequent. My blood pressure is now a touch low after being very high so can stop that tablet too although the GP insisted venlofaxine did'nt cause high blood pressure or high chloestral for which i'm taking a statin. I now feel emotion again, laughing, crying, even worrying and of course love. My wife has been through it too with me zombiefied for 4 years. I was ill i know but its a disgrace that they happily prescribe without a clue of its effects.

If i had'nt have found this site and the advice of people on it i would still be on 225mg and the other drugs to combat it. Needless to say i have'nt seen my GP for a year. We can all get off this with each others help and to new users don't be detered by my experience but be very careful and be certain your symptoms your warrant venlofaxine .

Thats the end of my rant, i feel very strongly about this.

Good luck to you Helen, you've been very helpful over the past months.

Ian

• Posted

Hi Ian

No problem at all, it's nice to hear back from you.

I know that some people have found this stuff to be great for them, but I'm not one of them. I'm not even sure that it was that effective in helping me with depression and anxiety, I think it was just the natural passing of time that did that. If i could rewind, I'd neverhave started taking it. I've only been taking it for so long, because the withdrawal was so hellish, it was easier just to keep taking it. I've been amazed at the amount of side effects I've had. Some I didn't even attribute to the pills, but since doing all my research I'm pretty certain that my ongoing digestive problems are a result of these pills. Like you, I also piled on weight. This was horrifying to me, as I wasn't over eating, but I cannot lose weight for love nor money. This is one of my main reasons in wanting to come off them. I really admire that you've done so well with your withdrawal, the end is in sight for you. I still have about 100 mg to go, but if I try to do it too quickly, the withdrawal is not even bearable,  I literally cannot function .I'm doing it really slowly, and hope to one day be in your shoes. Please keep in touch? All the best, Helen x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.