Coping with the anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My anxiety is driving me crazy! I getanxiety about my symptoms. Right now its so annoying, i'm so hot, i'm sweating, my stomach isn't feeling good, i'm so anxious and i have to keep going to the bathroom.  I feell terrible do you have any advice for coping with this? Thanks smile

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are you on antithyroid medication and are you on a beta blocker?  Natural supplements that help with the anxiety are Melissa and Motherwort.i
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I haven't recieved treatments yet as over the last 18 months its been a real hassle since symptoms to show up. I've decided to just ask for the tests but waitng as its so hard  to get in with my local Gp. 

I guess i get more nervous with the stress of not getting diagnosed yet. People just don't get it. I'm 99.9% that what i have is a thyroid disorder. I've always been an anxious person, so i do have some gentle medication, but since symptoms started, anxiety has been through the roof!

Thanks for your recommendation smile

• Posted

I had the same.Now I asked for medication, my Doctor gave me diazepam with is helping me a lot.
    • Posted

Nice to know someone went through the same. As my reply to linda187 says, i am annoyingly yet to be diagnosed, although i'm sure i have it, so nothing is helping me with my anxiety!

I've probably just had a full blown anxiety attack ove one palpitation but i'm still trembling!

Thanks for your recommendation smile

• Posted

Hi SB14, a few month ago I had a high pulse rate and trembling hands, feeling hot and restless ... Even slight disturbances would cause an over-reation and a feeling like I've just been startled. 

I went to the GP and was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. It helped me already to know that all these were just symptoms and that it would get better soon. And it did. The medication, thyroid lowering tablets, helped within a few weeks.

I would encourage you to make an appointment with your GP and have a blood test done. Then you will know with certainty if the symptoms you are experiencing are caused by your thyroid being overactive.

Hope you feel better soon. 

• Posted

Thank you for your advice smile Its nice to know other people have practically gone through the same thing. As i've mentioned its been hard to get an appointment with my GP to get this done, it woukd be such a relief
  • Posted

I am guessing you live in England.  Here in Canada if I couldn't get an appointment with a GP, I would go either to a Walk-In Clinic or particularly with heart symptoms to an Emergency Department.  You don't fool around with hyperthyroidism because it is life-threatening if it is not treated promptly.
  • Posted

Hopefully you will be on some medication by now but i think you would also find homeopathy helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.