Stomach pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Help!! I have had middle and upper back pain for two years now it's Achy and dull and is always there but sometimes not that noticeable and other times very irritating. I also have pain in my ribs on both sides when I twist to the sides along with this I get random pains at the opening of my sternum and below on both right and left side also random pains beside my belly button on both side and below my bottom rib cage on right and left. Also when I push on my sternum or my chest it's very sensitive to the touch so is the opening to my rib cage I can't touch that at all. Had lots of blood work all was good and had an abdominal X-ray that looked great and an upper Gi that showed a little inflammation but still waiting on sample taken from stomach though he said it looked pretty good besides some irritation. How can a person have so much chronic back pain for so long unexplained:-(

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becka,

Have you been tested for h.pylori? Celiac?, didn't they take any biopsies when they did y

• Posted

Still waiting on results from biopsys 
    • Posted

lots of blood test all good and  abdominal ultrasound all good. Scope was last week still waiting on results stools are good and foods don't bother me to much some heart burn and acid reflux but not all the time
  • Posted

Sorry, my phone started playing up....

I'll continue....

When they did your scope?

Have you been checked for gallbladder issues? Blood tests?

How are you stools? Can you tolerate all foods? Or do some cause you more issues than others?

There are a lot of things that can cause the symptoms you are showing.

I have similar symptoms, have had all tests and they still think IBS and possible gallbladder issues. I waiting for more tests.

Gem

• Posted

I have the same been 6 years and numerous tests. Just told ibs
    • Posted

Yes mine goes round to my back, side and sometimes up toy shoulder. Always on left side though. Been paranoid it's pancreas but all tests clear. Docs given up on me just said ibs
  • Posted

could the back pains be in the joints? I get the pains in lower back, hips and shoulders

With Gastric problems over acid production, means uric acid affects joints;

acid crystals can build up. (gout is caused by this and some types of arthritis).

Or it could be muscle spasms?

Theres various cures recomended inc. eating alkaline foods/cut out red meat. Alkaline Epson salt baths can help as can TENS, for drug free pain relief

• Posted

Possibly in the joints not sure. Going to ask for an X-ray of my ribs and back. I get so sore my whole rib cage including the sternum area hurts. My back hurts from under the neck to bottom of ribs. Not a real bad pain just a dull all the time there pain. My stomach issues are random and sometimes they are there and some days gone most of the time they are present. I feel them in the abdomin under my sternum area to the left and to the right sometimes burning an inch above belly button. And sometimes full ache in either side of belly button. I have a stomach ach sometimes in the lower abdomin in the morning but doesn't last long and it's not every morning. The abdomin pain is very mild and tolerable. But the back pain is annoying. I get pain sometimes in my shoulder joints and finger joints and lots of muscle aches: I also gets this fuzzy feeling in my ears at times like when I breath it sounds like it's going through my ears when I am overly tired weird I know but it's there. I have had abdominal ultrasounds lots and lots of blood work. All has been clear so far. I am at a loss going to talk to rheumatologist next.
    • Posted

Any one with these same issues?
    • Posted

Have you looked into fibrimyalgia symtoms. This can also  have gastric problems within it, and tinitis - ears ringing.

I get sinus problems which in turn creates tinitis and stomach pains, due to nasal drip creating more acid in stomach. Unlike what doctors say, nose ear and throat  (and metalic mouth taste) issues link in with gastric probs. This in turn, over a prlonged period has an effect on bones and muscles. Acid erodes bone, muscles affected with lactic acid. An unlying low grade virus, like glandular fever or epstein barr, also gives joint and muscle pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.