Pictures?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi All.

ive posted a few pictures in the past of my journey, anyone else care to share theirs? X I do feel this helps others on their journey! Come on be brave, before and after! X

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Only had bandages off today so foot not looking great. Once wound has healed I might be brave enough!x
    • Posted

Be brave Carole! I was brave lol x all part of your journey. X
    • Posted

I remember when the bandages first came off my first foot. It took me all day to look at my foot again, I saw it in the nurses offices and she said how good it looked yet I felt very queasey by it. I got there though and have kept some pictures of both of my feet. Give yourself some time. It will get better.x
    • Posted

Carol,

For how long did you used the bandage?  Did you rest a lot or you did a lot of walking?  In what week are you after your surgery?

• Posted

Hi

i am 5 weeks post op. My bandages came off at week 4. I elevated the foot as much as possible. Must say my husband has been fantastic. Even though I did all the right things my foot is still swollen which I think is normal so today I am going shopping for new shoes to  acommadate my fat foot!

• Posted

Hi Carole, I'm 10 months post op so my advice would be, "Whoa, don't try to run before you can walk. Five weeks is still very early days!"  It takes at least SIX/SEVEN MONTHS before you can really see and experience the positive results. That's generally when everything has healed inside, the bones and tissue have healed some more, and finally there's no more discomfort or swelling. (Good luck with the shopping. Try some Crocs slip-on backless clogs. What a godsend they turned out to be - but buy a size larger than normal.) Well done! LadyPink
  • Posted

Hi,

live had the support bandage on for about ten days now and my toe is still seperated from the others, but the scar is looking good ! X

• Posted

Hi Rae I will be 9 weeks post op on Wednesday . Things are going really well for me. When I had the bandages off at 2 weeks and the stitches removed (went all faint) that hurt and there was a real gap between my big toe and my next 2 toes which were pinned. The toes also looked quite raised up. This has all calmed down and my foot looks almost normal. The pins coming out caused no paint whatsoever . This weekend I even got a trainer on. I hope this helps other who are not a few weeks in and feeling some despair as I did back then . I will post my pics next.
  • Posted

Hope these help! Come on ladies, good or bad post your pics x
    • Posted

I just can see my toe getting to how good your toe is now 😩
    • Posted

Yours look really good Rae, how many weeks down the line are you ? The scar coming up from between my big toe is still really tender. My consultant said it will take 6 months to know what your foot is really like after the op but I'm already really pleased
    • Posted

Terri, keep it on! I'm still wearing mine in bed and under my sock as much as I can. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow. My swelling is still there and under left foot (which had hammer toe) it's painful. I'm back at work tomorrow! Really don't know how that's going to go, but I'll have to just do day by day x 
    • Posted

Thanks Penny, I'm 10 weeks tomorrow. Swelling is an issue at the moment and painful at times through my left foot! I'm doing hot and cold water treatment, it eases the pain for a while lol yeah my scar is raised but I've been massaging gently, it does help. 
    • Posted

Wow Rae your feet look wonderful, you could hardly believe they were operated on.  One thing I've noticed abiut yiur big toe is it is closer to the others than mine, and that the hammer toe doesn't show much of a scar.  But I guess in the end we should only be comparing our own feet with what they looked like before the op.  So I'm posting mine below, before after and now wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.