Blurred vision for 5 days now?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm new so hope I'm doing this correctly was just hoping for some advice as I'm quite scared.

On roughly the 18th of August I woke up and noticed my vision particularly in my right eye wasn't what it was everything seemed a little blurry I put it down to just being tired. The day after it became obvious my sight was blurry I could barely read the TV guide. This is happening mainly in my right eye. I'm not sure if my other eye is slightly effected but my right is noticeable. I'm not sure it relevant but before this happened I felt dizzy especially when I lay on my right side. I went to the optician who just did a standard test said my eyes look fine but said I would need glasses only for driving. I told him it's impossible I just woke up with blurred vision of course it will look like I need glasses. I went out that night in a pub and could barely see people standing not far away from me who I could see less than a week ago. I sort medical advice and my doctor believes it may be allergy related so has given me eye drops hypromellose and allergy tablets. I also had my bloods taken today. My vision seems worse today i think as I felt unable to drive. Please can anyone help? I'm really scared.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jess, you have done the right thing in seeing an optometrist and your GP.

Dry eyes can make your eyes blurred and your doctor has prescribed Hypromellose which will help that.  It also sounds as though you are having panic attacks and perhaps you should go back and have a chat with your GP.

Do you spend a lot of time looking at screens?  TV, phone, computer and driving can all make your eyes dry because you tend not to blink when looking at a screen or concentrating driving.  Air con also dries the eyes.

You can buy lubricating eye drops/artificial tears like hypromellose and if you buy the generic ones ie the non branded ones, they will be a lot cheaper.

You ought to also make certain you drink plenty of fluids [water, not coke or alcohol]  

Go and chat to your GP and don't worry, worrying makes things ten times worse!

Good luck Jess.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I do not think I'm having panic attacks I was calm I was just alarmed when I found I couldn't see properly, yes my eyes feel very dry so hopefully the drops will help smile I spend a lot of time on computer and phones too. Thank you for the advice I will try to drink plenty as I usually quite bad for not having enough throughout the day. Just a little nervous awaiting my blood test results, thanks again!
    • Posted

I have very dry eyes because of an autoimmune condition and I use Hyabak drops during the day [prescribed, they are very expensive to buy] and a gel at night, called VitA-POS.  I used to use Lacrilube, which might suit you, it is like putting vaseline in your eyes but if you use it last thing at night, you will find that your eyes aren't nearly as dry during the day.  Have a screen break every 10 to 15 minutes, that will remind you  to blink - which will lubricate your eyes.

And when your blood results come back, remember that anything can push them up and then  they drop back again, so don't worry!

• Posted

Thank you I will look for some of that. My eyes are mostly dry in the mornings. My blood results have come back saying there is no problems or inflammation anywhere..

I don't really know what to do my eye is very red and irritated and vision is still poor. Doctor also said If was an allergy it should of worked by now so has suggested I visit eye casualty. I don't really know what to think. I just hope my vision comes back sad

• Posted

Pleace continue to seek medical advice, our eyes are precious.
  • Posted

Thank you I will look for some of that. My eyes are mostly dry in the mornings. My blood results have come back saying there is no problems or inflammation anywhere..

I don't really know what to do my eye is very red and irritated and vision is still poor. Doctor also said If was an allergy it should of worked by now so has suggested I visit eye casualty. I don't really know what to think. I just hope my vision comes back sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.