I am hurting & tired & having one issue after another.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Not sure if this is the site I should be on.  I see here how much everyone is suffering with these problems.

I believe I have fibromyalgia & feel exhaused.  For 10months I had dizziness that disappeared a few weeks ago. Then stomach issues that seem like lactose intolerance (mostly mornings?).  Now I hurt under my skin & am exhausted.  I am getting very anxious.  I can't even watch my granddaughter because I wouldn't be much fun.  Is this the site for me?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marie,

My only suggestion is to get yourself to a Dr for a formal diagnosis. You can't live your life in pain with no direction or treatment.

Not being able to play with your grand daughter is just not right!

• Posted

Poor Marie.  I don't think this IS the site for you but, believe me, we all commiserate with you.  We all know about pain and exhaustion.

As FlipDover says - get yourself to the doctor and don't leave there till you have some answers.

All the best fr Constance 💐

• Posted

Why do you think you might have fibromyalgia? 

The fact you have the extreme fatigue is enough to suggest you possibly have an autoimmune disorder and the place you belong is your GP for him to do some basic tests - blood tests called ESR and CRP and a full blood count at the very least. If the ESR and CRP are raised you do have a partial answer - they are very rarely raised in fibromyalgia as it isn't an inflammation problem. About a fifth of patients with PMR don't have raised levels either so it wouldn't rule them out. A vit D level would also be a good idea - it can cause similar symptoms. Then beyond that there are other tests they can do to look for other things but trying to self-diagnose won't get you anywhere except believing you are suffering from something really serious without any real grounds.

Follow this link:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/pmr-gca-website-addresses-and-resources-35316

and then follow the link to the PMRGCA UK northeast support site and read up about PMR and see if it fits with what you are experiencing.

There are many autoimmune disorders - and there are many things that lead to excessive fatigue but it is your GP you should start with. This site is for people who have a diagnosis of polymyalgia rheumatica or giant cell arteritis - that isn't to say we can't help you with ideas but you need a diagnosis or a possible diagnosis. Then you can decide which group can help you most.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.