Back at work yipeeee

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there hippy friends,

Well it's  been 8 weeks since my new hip and I've been back at work for 2 weeks. Loving being able to walk freely along the corridors. The first week I did a couple of flights of stairs which I regretted so have been using lifts this week.

A bit of groin twinging and the side of my hip is tender. I think this is due to the fabric on my trousers as I've been wearing leggings since my surgery!! Oh...and the waist is a little tight😜

For anyone waiting or deciding whether to proceed I can honestly say that it is life giving. I feel energised and like I can tackle anything. The fatigue of months of pain is lifting and I feel like I used to a year or so ago. There I things that I used to avoid that now it's no problem.

Im looking forward to spring here in Australia so I can get myself fit again.

Hope everyone's doing OK.

💌🌈💌🌈

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Good to hear. I also felt that once back at work I was really getting back to normal, also there are always easy comparisons of how you coped preop and what you can do now
  • Posted

That's great to hear Georgie,

Going back to work is a big step in our recovery, both physically and psychologically and it feels good, doesn't it? 

The thing to remember though is that you have been through major surgery, and whilst the outside may look totally healed, there is still a lot of healing going on inside so if you need to use the lifts for a while, do it. You still have to be a little gentle with yourself. It sounds like you are doing amazingly well. Well done you!!

Ali xx

• Posted

Well done, Georgie! I am glad that you are feelign well.

Best wishes

Elal 

• Posted

Georgie, that is great news. you ar obviously doing very well and anyone thinking o fhip surgery who reads your post will be inspired.
  • Posted

Dear Georgie -

So happy foryou that things are going well for you ... wow, back to work after 6 weeks !!!  I can imagine how "normal" pants feel sort of stiff after wearing sweat pants and leggings -- one of my girlfriends gave me her daughters maternity jeans so there is just the stretchy fabric touching my scar - cheesygrin 

have a wonderful weekend - 

warm hug

renee

• Posted

Brilliant news. I am 9 weeks today but still walking badly outside. Retired so no back to work for me .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.