Need to talk! Suffering from anxiety/depression!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been suffering on and off for about a year with my anxiety! It all started after I had my son! I went through post partum depression and I didn't realize that's what it was until I got over it! Ever since then I have had panic attacks on and off and I'm always on edge constantly nervous! Some days I don't wanna do anything and I have a son to take care of! I have all the physical symptoms as well! Headache fatigue, heart pain and cheat pressure, jelly legs and so many more! Doctors have run test after test and all they have found is a very low vitamin d deficiency which I take medication for! I was recently put on Wellbutrin and I'm hopeful it will help! I guess what I'm asking is how did everyone else overcome there anxiety depression and what is some advice you can give! I am 22 year old female! A stay at home mother!!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I see no point in answering your questions directly because they have already been answered many times on this website.    Use the links and search box on the right hand side of the page.  
  • Posted

So sorry for your suffering, I know how scary and awful panic attacks can be. I hope you are getting proper treatment for them.

I am in my early 20s and I find my depression almost debilitating so good for you that you are able to be a stay at home mama.

Look, depression is awful, it's not fun, it's tiring, but you're asking for best advice to overcome it.

My answer would be you're child. Focus on your child. Breath them in and immerse yourself in the every step they take, the every word they say, every little thing your child is, embrace it and try and use it to strengthen your resolve against this horrible burden of depression.

You can do this.

Keep on keeping on my lovely xxx

• Posted

Thank you so much for the advice! It's the best I've heard so far I actually screenshot it on my phone so I can read it daily! I strive to be the best mom I can be! I had him relatively young but I wouldn't trade it! I also had post partum depression and that was the worst thing I've dealt with! I
    • Posted

You are so blessed to have your child.

And so strong for fighting to give him the best life you can.

All you can give is the best version of yourself.

You're doing good my lovely, good for you. Xx

• Posted

Hi Kelsey.

Hope today you are feeling a little more positive.

Being a young stay at home Mum can be an awful shock to the system sometimes. Babies don't come with an Instruction Mnaual (sadly!), so it's a learning curve every step of the way. And you have no idea how a baby can change your life, unti lit happens.

Suddenly you are responsible for this other tiny life...and that can be stressful!

Things will get easier as your son gets a bit older, and can communicate with you.

Being the best Mum you can be is very rewarding - and will give you the strength you need to keep going.

Keep talking to everyone here, too. Lots of help on here. xx

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! It helps to read encouragement and other people stories! I became a mom pretty young and went through post partum depression with him and now I have bad anxiety! The physical symptoms of anxiety are the worst and sometimes it's hard to cope but I have to be strong for my little boy
    • Posted

I think it helps to know you are not alone.

For me, it was being isolated in the countryside with my son when he was born, Both my parents had passed on, so I had nobody close to ask for help.

Take each day at a time, and before you know it he will be toddling about and being able to tell you what he needs, rather than just crying. I found that very stressful....not knowing if he was hungry, in pain, needed a nappy change (though if you check that becomes obvious wink), had wind, or was teething! xx

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear about your parents! I still have both mine and they help me a lot!! My son is 15 months old now and very smart! He was walking at 9 months old and talking as well!! I wish you could see pictures he is the most beautiful little boy ever!!
    • Posted

15 months? lol. sorry, I thought he was still a wee baby. smile

That's great that he can talk now. So much easier!

You sound like a very proud mother! Glad you are getting plenty of help from your parents, too. Bet they are proud of him too. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.