Inspiration

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello to all fellow travellers of the journey that is depression and anxiety.

To fill you in, I am 43 yrs old and have been on this road for as long as I can remember, by which I mean childhood, I've not always known or understood this illness and to be honest had no " diagnosis " until after my son was born at 18 and the usual post partum labell was given, if truth be told my suffering was long under way !

My point is, for all the help, be it medication, cbt, counceling, whatever, we are human and it breaks my heart daily to read the same stories from young and old :-(

It's a fight guys, every day ! We do and shall prevail, just take it day by day, hour by hour if needs be ! Breathe and just be :-)

Loves to you all xxxx

4 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Crazycat. What a lovely message. Thanks fo this. Yes it is tough, and it started for me when I got pregnant, and has been with me on and off ever since, and made me lose my career and become alcoholic, and put myself in danger quite a lot of times.

My son is now 18 and is lovely, and I wouldnt be without him for anything. Getting through the bad times is worth it, there can be good times afterwards, and I'm starting to experience them.

• Posted

Good for you ! It's tough but hang in there, to anything you can :-) xxxx
    • Posted

I am so, so pleased you are experiencing the good times....well done you for fighting the fight, you have my total respect.

Pat

• Posted

Hey Crazycat, good to hear from you!!!

Yes, we shall prevail.....

Like you, it has been a life long thing with me, I faintly remember not feeling that I belonged here when I was very, very young.  And I still feel that way.  I just feel I am in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I get so upset at what I see going on around me, but I don't have the power to change it.

But maybe that is what is labelled as depression

What a lovely post...thank you.  We have to stick together.

Bless you,

Pat xxx

• Posted

Get that totally ! Wrong place, wrong time, the list goes on ! I do know we are not alone in our " disassociation " with the " norm " and that helps as I know it's not just me, this forum helps so much with that :-)

I just wish, as we all do when we read the posts of everyone, that we could just give a huge hug of reassurance that they are not alone and we understand and I know that's not the cure by no means but the start of hope maybe ? As hope is all we need xxxx

• Posted

Xxxxx
    • Posted

Dondons I so wish I had a magic wand to make the world well but I don't sadly, I just have love, compassion and hope that we, the ones that give a damn shall and will prevail above and beyond the caos that is the current world ! My heart goes out to you xxxx
    • Posted

You forgot to add wisdom and strength to that list, i think you're amazing, really do!

It's really good to hear from you.

Lots love

Don dons xxx

• Posted

Just lessons learned hun as you shall learn and be :-) xxxx
    • Posted

No doubt in my mind and you know my struggle with my children when they were young ? Or should I say my struggle and their suffering but hey honesty won out :-) and for all the poop we got it as you will, believe me ! You are stronger than you think or could imagine, I only just realised that ! Xxxx
    • Posted

About myself that is xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.