Sleeping too much?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Morning my lovelies,

I know the general problem amongst us hippies is not being able to sleep very well but this time around, I can't help feeling I'm sleeping too much! I don't remember napping this much when I had my first hip done back in February. 

I am currently getting about 4-5 hours in bed at night and then, napping for 2-3 hours after breakfast and the same after teatime. I'm getting around 10-12 hours in total in this way most days and I'm not sure if it's right. Now I know sleep is the body's way of rejuvenating and repairing itself and whilst I'm not complaining (I know some people are getting very little sleep at all), I'm just wondering if this is excessive and cause for concern. I could fall asleep at any hour with no problem whatsoever!

Has anyone experienced this? 

Many thanks.

Ali xx

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Please have a few hours for me Ali as I'm not managing much and haven't even had my op yet, still waiting!  So uncomfortable at night even with 4 pillows in the bed.

im sure if you are sleeping that well you must need it, just pretend that you are a teenager again!

• Posted

Oh dear,

I am sorry to hear that Veronica but I know how you feel. I was getting very little sleep before my ops due to pain and it's not much fun at all. I could only sleep with loads of meds which left me groggy and literally having to drag myself out of bed for work each day.

I hope you get your op soon and are sleeping like a baby before much longer.

Take care.

Ali xx

• Posted

I use to struggle at nights until I started taking Curcumin, Tumeric extract, twoo 600mg at night and could sleep through, may not work for everyone but got me off NSAIDS and painkillers whilst waiting for op.

• Posted

Very interested in the Turmeric extract as I find sleeping very difficult already and haven't even had the op yet!  Where did you buy them? 
    • Posted

I'm in Australia get them from Health food shop, try googling it
    • Posted

Thanks, I am in UK. Will google and look in health food shops.
  • Posted

Hi Ali same as me, I was the only person here that was able to sleep, one day I had 14hrs I turn in at 2am or 3am and get up around 10 am, quite regularly, now I am feeling so much better, and sure it is the sleeping and resting as well as the excersises that has helped me make a speedy recovery.

Ian.

• Posted

Here's hoping that will be the way for me too. I'm hoping for a good recovery and pretty certain that lots of sleep can only be a good thing.

Ali x

• Posted

I am sleeping aroound 6hours every night and yet I can still sleep during the day if if I want to, it does no harm, let your body tell you what you need. xx
  • Posted

Sleeping a problem as well for myself, perhaps it's because not getting good quality of sleep by night and then napping more in day. I'm finding I'm having disturbed sleep by night so not good quality xx
  • Posted

cheesygrin    amazing, isn't it ... I too had no sleeping problems after RTHR - now however, waiting for the left THR, it is getting sketchy ... 

I know what you mean though - at least I think I do - sometimes sleeping too much is a sign of depression, they say ... 

I prefer "my body is healing' and I am feeling good ... and the other thing is that you have been through a lot these last months - your subconscious is overwhelmed and processing while you sleep - you are truly blessed !!!

just surrender and enjoy --- 

warm hug sweet Ali

renee

• Posted

I like to think if it as my body rejuvenating and repairing. I'm pretty sure I'm not depressed. 

I just wondered if others had been the same second time around as I wasn't sleeping like this after hip number 1. Maybe I had more sedation thus time, who knows eh? 

I wasnt sleeping well on the run up to this op either so maybe it's just my body and mind catching up and chilling out 😊

Big hug coming back your way.

Ali xx

• Posted

Hi Ali,

I don't think you can ever sleep too much! Let your body decide for you...I used to sleep in the afternoon in the weeks after op, now I can go on all day but at about 9.00 p.m. I am ready to drop!

All the best

Ella 

• Posted

Hi Ali. I also had my first op in February and am 15 days in from the second. I think just go with it if the body wants sleep. I have basically had months of not having proper sleep due to pain pre op and think my body is just now catching up. I went to bed at 10 last night, got up a couple of times for a little walk around as I wake up very stiff laying on my back, but basically slept until 7.30 this morning . been for a walk in the park, hot chocolate sitting outside at the cafe, home for lunch....and am now back in bed, and will probably have an hour or so sleep. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.