New hip

Posted , 17 users are following.

at last after a few months of upset and trauma Eric had his op on the 27 August it took 6 hour old hip out new one in what a terrible time we have had Eric will be in hospital for some time looking a bit better but still weak I myself suffering stress and angzity love to every one that sent kind thoughts Janet x

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wow quite a time on the table...Sure all will be fine, keep us posted every few days.

Special healing wishes....Ian.

• Posted

..and from me,    poor thing    pauline   

Arnica  is a great healing tool  - sheep eat it when they fall down banks!!   helps bruising tremendously        chemists and natural shops!  should be compulsory smile

• Posted

At least it is done. Look after yourself so you can look after himXX
  • Posted

What a time you have had. Lots of healing thoughts for you and Eric.

June

• Posted

So glad Ericsa op is over at last and he is beginning hhis recovery. You too have to settle down now and chill a little, take the time for a bit of me time while Eric is being looked after in the hospital. Love to you both Gill xx
  • Posted

So sorry Eric and you have had such a time of it.  Hopefully now the worst is over.  The first few weeks are difficult.     Can you get some family or friends to help out when he gets home.  Please do look after yourself too. Sending healing wishes to your and Eric.

Jeanne

• Posted

My goodness that was a long surgery.

Best wishes to both of you.

Slow but steady recovery to better days ahead 💙

• Posted

Hi Janet,

I am glad that Eric had his operation...The worst is over now. Look after yourself!

Special good wishes to you both

Ella 

• Posted

dearest Janet ... 

I join the others by saying that it is done .... after all you both had to go through, Eric is in good hands now and looked after - 

And time now for you to take care of your self - easier said than done, right?

is there anybody who can help you - go with you, drive you, be with you and making sure you eat and rest well - 

you are so dedicated to Eric, don;t forget to dedicate some time to Janet -

keep having faith -

sending you loving reiki healing rays !

renee

• Posted

Oh dear..poor you both..I hope it all starts to improve as I am having mine in a week!

​Lots of thought and support..  from me a very nervous pre op person..

Alice

• Posted

Good luck to Eric with his new hip. That was certainly a long op. Perhaps now its done you will destress a bit.
  • Posted

Sending loads of healing wishes to you both. The road ahead will be tough at times but so worth it. Try to spend some time looking after you until Eric comes home. This is the time to get yourself strong and store up some energy for the time ahead. 

I hope one you have people who can come round and help out in the early days and if not, getting in touch with the Red Cross is always a good thing as they can help out with small chores or even just someone to sit with Eric if you have to go out for an errand. They offer loads of help and might be able to assist you in some ways. It's only a phone call 😊

We are all here to help too, if we can in some small way, even if it's just to rant or lend a reassuring ear.

Sending loads of get well vibes to you both.

Ali xx

• Posted

Thank you Janet for letting us know how Eric is; I am sure other

s, like us, have been wondering how you both are.

We are glad the op went well, even though it took so long, things will now get better. We are all routing for you and wish we could help more. Please keep in touch. Hugs from Hazel (Derek's wife)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.