Heels..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, this is directed at the ladies out there! About 4 months ago I had surgery to my foot, fixing deformed toes and a bunion.

I guess my recovery is ok considering the scarring and what my foot has been through.

So I'll get to the point! Whilst I 100% did the surgery to improve my quality of life going forward and reduce the pain, I was curious to see if anyone in a similar situation ever got back into some glamourous shoes???! not talking for the school run, maybe dinner or a night out.... Please?? Anyone??!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had double scarf and akins done on 23/01/15. And yes on the advice of my surgeon I can where heels. Not 6 inch wonders but I have actualy danced in 2 1/2 inch heels a couple of months ago. Though I wouldn't go shopping in heels I do find it more comfortable to not wear completley flat shoes as it puts too much pressure on the metatarsal. (?). Just be sensible and listen to your feet. 
  • Posted

Hi I had both fee to one almost 12 months ago. I can wear heels, not high ones but only to go out at night. During the day I wear flat shoes but not ballerina  flats. If I wear heels for too long my feet swell. It's a long road to recovery and I doubt we are ever truly the same again. I am getting married in January and will have to start the hunt for shoes soon. Not going to be an easy task. This site has been great though.
  • Posted

Hi fiona

im 9 month on from a bilateral lapidus, Atkins and hammer toe release, and I can't get into any of my heels. Totally impossible.

caroline

• Posted

Hi Fiona,  I am 10 months post op and although I'm no spring chicken at 70 (think of Joanna Lumley or Goldie Horne)I still like to get  'glammed up' and wear nice feminine clothes and shoes. Two months ago I wore high heels at a family wedding (for two hours and then changed into lower wedge sandals) so YES it may be early days for you yet but at least you have something to look forward to. All good wishes for your continued recovery. LadyPink
    • Posted

LadyPink, apart from having an awesome name, I think your attitude is fab! Good for you!!! I am a firm believer that age is but a number! If in 30 years time I'm not getting dressed up and putting on some heels it won't be for the lack of determination!

Thank you to everyone for your responses. In the meantime I will invest in the coolest, sexiest flats and trainers to keep me going 😜.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.