I don't know what to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently, I was told that my time card showed that on two days, I had a two hour lunch. I explained that on one day, I came back late and on another day, I came back on time, but, got sidetracked and keyed in late. My supervisor told me to make up the time, which I did. Now he has an issue with my latest time card, which has too much time. I explained that it reflected my making up the lost time and that it was done per his request. In addition, I was written up for the lost time and I saw that I would be terminated if it happened again. Unfortunately, that could be done b/c there was once a situation where I had too many hours and I was told that I could be terminated (I Googled it). I finally told him that I was having personal issues which I didn't feel comfortable discussing. I don't feel comfortable around him and it is a struggle for me to work with him@ times. I don't want to tell him for fear it would go through the office grapevine. Part of me says to turn in my resignation, but, I like my job (in spite of him) it's close by and my husband is not working due to disability. Sometimes when he reprimands me, I am close to tears.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

eSusan, I do not NOT abide bullies. Repirt him you boss to his superior; if  i was was you for own piece of mind tell his superior everything. If it ends up to you being fired this would be unfair dismissal they would have to offer you a package. I would personally then not want to stay there I would leave and find any other work for myself respect and self asteame. I know myself I would not cope n this stiuation. 
  • Posted

How awful for you.  Right keep a diary of what happens,  the date and the time and most importantly how it makes you feel.  Do that for the next 2/3 weeks.  If he is picking on you that should show it up and you can then take it over his head and you have evidence to show them. 

Don't forget that he might be under pressure from his higher ups about timekeeping though.  Make sure you are not late again and don't allow yourself to get sidetracked.  x

• Posted

You do have a point; he is under pressure from higher ups about time keeping. The reason that I am uncomfortable around him is b/c I have more than a professional interest in him WHICH I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT. There are times when he thinks he is a ladies' man. There was a time I came in early and left late b/c I did not want. to see him but I got in trouble.
    • Posted

I also avoid social functions.
    • Posted

Ooops I think it is time you got yourself another job!   I wonder if he has picked up on that?  x
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the advice; you sound like you know what your talking about. As far as my leaving, yes, I have considered that or transferring to another branch, but I like my job in spite of him and it would be too far of a commute for me. But, like you were trying to say, I have to think of myself. I will be @ my job for 30 years in May, 2016 so maybe I'll consider leaving.
  • Posted

Here is an update of my situation. I decided to try to stick it out until the end of May, when I will be @ my job for 30 years. Meanwhile, I am going to see my doctor about my medication and seek counseling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.