I want to feel useful again

Posted , 4 users are following.

I worked in a charity shop for 5 years and loved it. Got on well with my colleagues and felt for the first time in my life I belonged.

I never felt loved in my childhood and cut my family out of my life when mum died. Wanted to think that life was separate.

A new manager took over and he was nasty. I quickly applied for another job and got it. Then I heard that my colleagues had also left.

I like the other job but I feel an undercurrent with the supervisor. She asked me to work on bank holiday saying it would be a great help. I was happy. Then at the end of the day tells me she won't need me until saturday. I felt stung.

Spent last two days in bed crying and had nightmares. I'm  feeling more alert now. I know it is up to me to apply for another job to keep busy but am on a downer right now.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

have you phoned your gp up and told them
    • Posted

Hi Paul

I just read your reply. I was worrying about nothing (the job). Am enjoying it and doing 2 days a week. The supervisor now knows I suffer with anxiety. We got on really well yesterday.

I've noticed that you are very helpful with your advice. Do you also suffer anxiety?

Kind regards

• Posted

Hi Louisaluvsrio,

Have you ever been and spoken to someone like a doc/councillor?  Sounds there are some minor issues around self esteem however I am not an expert just have similar experience smile there will always be testing people in life and things we have to treat as an means to an end so to speak jobs etc ! hang in there get yourself some help my friend.

• Posted

Hi. Counsellors are hard to get cos of cutbacks.

I'm feeling better. I've since found out that the new manager is finding it all hard and keeps closing the shop early. Being spiteful didn't get him anywhere.

My new job is ok and the customers are lovely.

Thank you for your reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.