more help please.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all.

As most of you know i've been tapering down from 225 for 5 months with withdrawal symptoms each reduction lasting for 3 daysish. I could handle that ok and got through it.

Last Thursday i went down to 20mg, split between morning and evening. This time the symptoms are far worse. My head feels like i have a really bad cold, my ears are ringing and i feel like i'm floating when i walk and i could sleep for England. My eyes also feel heavy and sting most of the day.

I am coming to the conclusion that such a small dose is causing all of this and i should have just stopped last week. I am considering missing tonights 10mg.

Any thoughts, anyone please?.

Obviously i have'nt asked my GP as last time he was asking me about Venlofaxine!

Ian

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ian

I withdrew from venalafaxine 225 mg in two weeks and and felt better after 3 weeks. I went on to take citalopram which has less side effects. To help with withdrawals I took Bendryl and anti sickness tablet cetrizine and the occasional diazepam.

Hang in there it gets better.

• Posted

How are you taking only 20mg? I'm down to the minimum now 37.5 and my GP said you can't split this medication.

Thanks xxx

• Posted

Thank you Louise.

Hi Elaine. I've been cutting a 75mg tablet with a very sharp craft knife for ages. I admit its not exact. I cut the 75 in half then the halfs into thirds, 2 of those tiny peices is roughly 20mg as some of it lost on cutting.

Can't you get smaller than 75's?. My GP told me not. I missed last nights dose and am going to miss this mornings. The withdrawal effects can't get any worse so maybe if i can take another week without i've done it.

Ian

• Posted

Yes there's 37,5mg which is the lowest. I thought by cutting a tablet that isn't scored would effect the actual medication itself. As in it won't do what it's supposed to do. Xx
    • Posted

I'm sure you're right Elaine but with trail and error i had to find out myself, my GP was no help at all. I have now missed 2 doses and don't feel any worse than yesterday so am going to stick it out even if it means feeling this "spaced out" for weeks.
    • Posted

I came to that conclusion ages. I have today requested a chlosteral check only to be told i can't do that without seeing a Doctor. My BP i do myself and has been coming down since i began withdrawing and hope my cholestral is too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.