Recovery Pains?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All, forgive me if this topic has been covered before.

What are the pains expected on the leg of the ATR?

My ruptured 8 days ago and went non-surgical route which has me in an air boot.

Currently my calf is very tight, it reminds me of the after pain when you have pulled the calf muscle and just above the heel it's a slight stinging pain - is this just the tenon repairing it's self and slightly stretching itself?

I have no almost zero guidance from the hospital on what to expect.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

dude.... my opinion.... go get it operated on. tell them you are in pain. it isnt too late. i had mine 11 days after the injury. i have never experienced any pain since the op.

i only get a bit of stiffness now and again.

• Posted

Surgery is not for me mate I am terrified of being put under etc so happy to go this route and have it take longer to recover.
    • Posted

ok. sorry i cant help you with the pains. from what i can gather your foot needs to be immobolized so it can repair. unless your leg swells and gets painful it should be normal. check for signs of a blood clot. pain in the calf. leg/lower leg that swells up.

if you get that go to your A and E. about best i can offer

• Posted

When my tendon ruptured I had no pain at all after the first dreadfull ten minutes. I just stumbled walking over a rough field and landed heavily on the leg and the tedon just failed; did you do any damage to calf in the injury? When I saw the consultant and had the boot fitted I was told to call back if there were any problems..
  • Posted

My husband did not survive his ATR, thanks to the hospital who gave us not one word of warning about DVT.

They put him in a groin to toes plaster cast for the first 11 days, rendering his leg completely useless.

No risk assessment, no anti clot meds and no warnings.

You don`t have a cast, but please take a look at the DVT info on this site as you should have been given some instruction from the hospital.

I do not wish to frighten people out there, I want all to be armed with knowledge so that they can protect themselves............as our hospitals are not doing this. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.