Diabetes , other symptoms.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I was told three years ago that I have Pre-Diabtes. I've never really had any symptoms until the last few months (I have Psoriatic Arthritis and Osteoarthritis too). I know thirst is a factor but I'm not thirsty in the daytime but can down gallons through the night, it's annoying hubby now, all that glugging!! Does anyone else only get thirsty at night? I have regular three monthly bloods done for my Arthritis but not sure if they would automatically check for Diabetes.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane,

It is not likely that they would check for diabetes unless the GP requested that check.  If you are concerned revisit your GP and ask for a test.  Good luck.

• Posted

Sounds like you're eating too many carbohydrates and sugars later in the day and you have no chance to burn them off.  Try eating carbs at lunch and just eating lightly in the evening.
  • Posted

Ck for insipped .........probably misspelled it.....diabetis.It's a condition where your body cannot handle water appropriatly, It is a diabetic thing.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.