I don't like it but I have a drink problem

Posted , 5 users are following.

i drink ever day, no i am new to dibet so what will this do to me now as been drinking long time and cant stop 😢

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately your not doing yourself any favours, the only alcohol that contains little or no sugar is the Low Alcohol type and there aren't many of them abou, your also limited on how much of that you can drink.

All alcoholic drinks are made with sugar, the likes of beer and lager have a large sugar base when they are brewed, not all of the sugar is natural as in the hops used.

Shorts are also high in sugar as is wine. You haven't said how much you drink daily but that is none of my business. All I can say is it is possible if you keep drinking daily as you say you do you will never get your diabetes under control, being diabetic is a life changing illness just like someone who has had a heart attack, if you cannot change how you drink, change the way you eat and basically your way of life the concequences can be terrible. Loss of limbs can also happen.

I'm not trying to scare you I'm being realistic and trying to warn you. Please take care of yourself you can live a very long and fairly normal life if you do as your told to by you diabetic nurses and doctor. Good luck.

• Posted

You say you can't stop drinking but actually the truth is that you choose not to - life is all about choices and this is yours.  As long as you are informed about the consequences the rest is up to you.  Good luck with your choices.
  • Posted

thankyou again i was not making a excuse bout my drinking as i have drunk for many years, i have good family ,home,car e,e,t but been through alot, and when i say alot i mean it, from a young age, most people would stand on that bridge, but am still straggling with life,and it helps me get through the day, but your replys have help me and am going to try harder now, even no i had tough like, thankyou people you made me see the light 😎
  • Posted

Hi Andy, I'm glad we have helped you even if it's to help you realise alcohol and diabetes doesn't go together.

if your planning to reduce your drinking please take it slowly and day by day, don't do it fast, thisis never a good idea.

why not try the odd bottle of either alcohol free lager or reduced alcohol beers, even alcohol free wine is available if that's one of the drinks you like,

you may decide you can change over eventually. One warning even low

alcohol drinks if drank in excess aren't good for your blood sugars.

• Posted

Hi, the first thing i would do is try to stop drinking, it really can cause your sugas to go high. You could be destened for a lotf physical problems. I knew someone who lost their legs and another in rehabilitation after losing twe toes. This is not funny, i hope you are on some medication. Please try to stop drinking. Good luck. I hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.