venlafaxine advice please

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello everyone....i need some advice.....i hav been on ven xl 75mg twice a day for about a month now and i am really not getting on with them at all...i feel totally withdrawn and am having trouble leaving the house and lost all interest in almost everything...........i decided to try to just take one tablet without much adverse effect ..now i really just want to stop and go cold turkey as i am hating this drug...has anyone had any luck doing this.....any advice would be fantastic

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi lesley ive been on 275mg since june and still feel like you do, drs and hospital have said persevere as everyone is different usually takes 6 to 8 weeks to have any real affect unfortunately for me its taking longer, my advice would be persevere if you can, i didnt get anywhere on 75mg or 150mg maybe you need a stonger dose, prehaps before you go cold turkey speak to your doctor. gentle hugs and best wishes x
    • Posted

hu jayne thanks for your comment i like yourself dont like how i am feeling which is basically nothing at the moment!!!...will stick with it for a bit thanks for reply x
  • Posted

Hi i went cold turkey with Ven.I was on it for 7 weeks and it just made me ill.I tried to taper but withdrawal was awful so decided to get it over with by going cold turkey.I am on 4.5 weeks of taking my last pill.Withdrawal has been tough and i am still getting muscle aches/pains in my legs and knees and i experience anxiety (slight) throughout the day.I talked to my pharmacist who advised me that my withdrawal will take btwn 3 and 5 weeks approx.So I hope i am nearing the end.My withdrawal consisted of awful nausea,lots on anxiety (pacing all day and night),sweats,shaking.If i had done my research and talked to pharmacist i wld not have gone on Ven.Did you know that Ven is a big fav with Psychotherapists?Been on SSNRI + SSRI's and neither agree with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.