Chest pressure followed by head pressure...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello this is my first time using these forums, i'm desperate for some help.

Im 25 male. About 2 weeks ago i started noticing strange feeling in my body, discomforts and occasional sharp pains. It has got progressivly worse but now there seams to be a pattern. It starts with i tight pain in my chest on the left side, over time it moves to my back under my left shoulder, then to between my shoulder blades. Finaly i get a pressure in my head followed by tingling lips and tounge with a horrible sensation all down the front of my body that last for a long time.

I've been to A&E a couple times thinking im having a heart attack but they have never found anything wrong with me. I've had a blood test, multiple ECG's, blood pressure tests, chest x-ray, everything always comes back normal.

My GP diagnosed Anxiety and prescribed Propanolol, but i know its definately not anxiety. I'm gonna try and push for an MRI scan if i can but i really worried.

Besides that i get random short pains in my hands and legs, i'm thisty all the time, lost my appitite.

Does anyone have a clue what this could possibley be?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi sunny, sorry that you're having all these scary symptoms, it's never easy to deal with sudden health issues. i'm glad that you got yourself checked over, at A&E, to rule out heart issues, lots your age wouldn't have, thinking they're too young (my son-in-law comes to mind!). have there been any mentions of possible trapped nerves? it's crazy what sort of things they can do, like a lot of your list, for instance.

keep a record of all symptoms, start dates, severity... anything you can think of really, it's a useful document if seeing any medics, take a list of any questions for them too.

sorry i can't offer any more, good luck.

• Posted

Hey an MRI is a good start. Also see if they can do nerve testing if your getting tingling and pains in your arm. I would also get a scan of your neck because disc herniations can cause pain, numbness, etc down the arms and in the head. Lmk how they go. I check this regularly. I too have head pressure and head pain. I also get tingling in my arms. I haven't figured it out yet. I'll keep you posted if I come across anything. I'm 27 too so we have to figure it out sooner or latter. Good luck! Thera.
  • Posted

Did you ever find a cause or solution to your symptoms? Having a very similar symptoms, all tests coming back normal. Doctors have no idea what might be the cause.
    • Posted

Did you ever sort out what was causing your issues?
  • Posted

I am going through similar symptoms. At this moment I am up pondering if I should go to the emergency room again. Each time the symptoms are a bit different. Right now I’m feeling chest pressure and left side of the head pressure when I move. Last week felt strong pressure on the left side of my head and then all of a sudden felt the right side of my body go numb while my jaw locked up. The doctors didn’t find anything, they think that I’m suffering from complex mingrate. 

I am 43 years old, play racket ball once a week and go to the gym twice a week.

This feeling debilitating and scary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.