6 months still getting intrusive thoughts???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone been on this med for 6 months and still get intrusive thoughts? Or had them and this medication take them away? The medication has helped some with depression but I still have up and down days. I'm only taking 5 mg because I'm pregnant. I guess I'm scared of getting ppd after the baby. I have 12 weeks left.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I do still have some intrusive thoughts, although they are much less intense now. It seems to be taking a lot longer than I thought it would. The last 3 days I was really down, more than I have had in a while. I hope that was just a blip. I am at 7mo. now.
    • Posted

Yea last time I had them after a miscarriage and took the meds for only about a month and half and was cured. I was good for 2 years and now this time around is very different. I have a lot of depression and it doesn't seem like the meds is working like before. I still get the thoughts daily but they are easier to brush off now. sad such a long and scary process. Prayers you feel better soon as well.
    • Posted

Yes, the thoughts are easier to brush off. Same with me. It is taking much longer to get well. I am having ups then flat feelings, then downs, then more flat feelings, each period lasting about a week each and getting progressively better. But I had a worse than usual down spell for the last 3 days. Hoping it is just a blip and not slipping back. Prayers for you, too.
    • Posted

This paragraph is exactly what I'm going through. This is also why I'm so scared to have the baby I don't want to get ppd or psychosis or something. sad(( I'm so scared to get worse. I just want to be happy with my husband and two little girls.
    • Posted

I think it was just a blip, because I feel better today.

You are on a really low dose, so after the baby is born you can slowly start going up on the meds. Since you've been on 5mg. for so long, you probably won't get too much in the way of side effects. Hope you are better today.

Karen

• Posted

So you are still having the ups, downs, and flat spells? How long do they last?
    • Posted

Yea I want to go up to 10 after I have the baby and increase that way. Do you feel forgetful because I seem forgetful since I've been on it. My spells are different I may have the flat feeling a few hours then a couple good hours or a few good days followed by a bad day. I did have a couple good weeks the three really low days. It feels like a roller coaster but better than when I started. I still have the thoughts daily and sometimes panic when my anxiety kicks in. I worry they will never go away. They are easier to brush off now though. I will also notice if I'm busy that I didn't think or worry about it for the time being. Mornings are still a little anxious until I get good and woke up. rolleyes I also dream every night sad which is exhausting!
    • Posted

Yes, I am more forgetful, so I try to write things down and that really helps. I'm glad you are progressing, at least we know it is working. When you are able to go up, you should notice much more improvement. I am getting there, too.  I am now looking for a job. Just put in an application at Hobby Lobby. Say a prayer for me.
    • Posted

Hi Karen how is the job search going? How have you been?
  • Posted

Waiting to hear from Hobby Lobby.

Yesterday and today I feel a lot better. I have more motivation to clean house and the yard.  Will mow grass today. I feel more confident and not so anxious. Depression has lifted and I feel happier.

How do you feel today? Hope you are better, too.

• Posted

Hi Karen

How are you doing? Have you heard from Hobby Lobby. I was doing well the last two weeks then had another spell of depression now sad hoping it doesn't last long!

• Posted

Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat. Not quite there yet.

I haven't heard from them yet, but today I went into the garden center to buy some mustard and kale seeds, and happened to ask if they needed any help. She said yes and took my name and number. This would be a great job for me as I love gardening and plants. Say a prayer for me! 

Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.