Ankle fused with added complications

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive had my ankle fused in June been in a plaster cast for 6weeks followed by an airboot for 6weeks ,I'm out of the air boot allowed to walk. On foot only thing is the pain is across the front of my foot from ankle to ankle 

I had a tendon transfer in 2002   I asked the consultant what about the tendons he told me that they will be obsolete now whether that is adding to the complications as to why my ankle hurts so much 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Heather

Have any nerve conduction tests been mentioned at all?

Have you been taking or are taking any antibiotics at all?

What medication have you taken or are taking?

I would suggest that you googgle antibiotic toxicity and also quinolone toxicity.

Sometimes you van get these signs and symptoms from a neck and/or back problem.

Have you had an MRI scan of your spine?  have you been tested for Vitamin D deficienct and/or osteoporosis?

Jean

• Posted

Hi I can't see what my spine has got to do with things it's my ankle that's been fused 
    • Posted

Why was your ankle fused? Was it due to annundiagnosed back problem?
    • Posted

Nothing to do with my back I was going over on my ankle rather badly affecting my knee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.