venalfaxine withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm down to 18,75mg ER capsule after taking venlafaxine for 2 years...been on this dose a week...never happy with venlafaxine as an ad. was a bit scared of what it did to me...

just wondering how everyone is getting on...

I keep getting really bad anxiety attacks... trembling from top to toe, tight feeling in chest and numb face/neck/jaw....

anymore ideas how to make this an easier process, or just "grin" and bear it..

take care Sxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are you halving a 37.5mg tablet? Not sure how to decrease this dose x
    • Posted

Hi Elaine,

I have capsules 37,50mg. time released....I open one and split the tiny white balls (spheroids) in half and put one half back in a capsule...can't take it without the capsule as it has to reach your gut before it dissolves...not an easy task counting the balls but I am going to persevere. I really don't like this drug...

That being said i know there are many people who have no problem with it but they usually don't post on forums...

keep in touch

Sxx

• Posted

I have the tablet form so was thinking of cutting in half. Wish they made a lower dose. I was on 150mg for 8 years. Imagine being free off this drug 👍😊👍
  • Posted

You can try GABA or magnesium calm from the health food store. I had to take Lorazapam. I also weaned alot slower. I went down a quarter of a capsule a week.
    • Posted

If they are the capsules with the beads you take the beads out and count them into 4 groups. So i started with 37.5, than 28, 18.75, than 9.37, than 0. This is all approx. But help each drop for a week. I initially started at 75 mg and tappered from there. Hope this makes sense
    • Posted

Hi Krista,

I live in Holland.. In a 37,50mg capsule there are about 150 very, very, tiny beads, sometimes more sometimes less.

how many in your capsules?...

I put the beads on a piece of paper and split them as best I can...I start a new lower dose after about 2 months...not once a week...

I get very stressed and have oxazepam if needed but want to stop using that as well. I'm looking for maybe "alternative" anti anxiety help, any ideas??

Sxx

take care

• Posted

Hi, sorry I just read your question now. I personally would try to get off one med at a time. Use the oxazepam when you need to while withdrawing. Otherwise you can try GABA and Magnesium calm from the health food store.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.