Osteonecrosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have just been diagnosed with this after 3months of unbearable pain. They now say that they think it might be down to alendronic acid I took for four weeks for another condition I have. Has anyone else experienced this please?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

OMG!  For all of us this is our nightmare scenario! I am so sorry to hear you have this! I have been so afraid of Alendronic Acid but the docs say it's necessary and that these hideous side effects are rare. Not helpful if you are the one who developed it!

i have stopped it again and no doubt I will be in trouble when they find out...

What are they going to do for you now?

• Posted

After only 4 weeks, ie 4 tablets? Yee Gods! That's horrific!
    • Posted

Might need surgery but believe me this is rare! Just make sure you make an informed decision because my Mum was on it for 10 years and had no side effects x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.