Tramadol side effects.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. Im chrissie.

Need a bit of help.

My dr prescribed me tramadol for gallbladder pain yesterday.

I took two yesterday evening as she suggested. And today i have been dizzy weak throwing up feeling very strange. Thrown up everything i have eaten and im just feeling quite ill.

Is this a side effect of tramadol??

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes it's one of the side effects of tramadol others is constipation blurry vision sweats have a read of the drug leaflet will do other side effects too
  • Posted

Hi Kale10,

This is a very common side effect. I wouldn't worry about it. You may also feel very drowsy once you take is as well so make sure you don't drive or anything after taking your doseage.

Hope the pain goes away soon,

All the best

• Posted

Thank you both. Problem is I have a 13 week old baby that needs me. So me throwing up and feeling tired and dizzy isnt very helpful.

Im going to try and go pain relief free tonight see if i can manage. If i get bad gallbladder pain ill have to take the tramadol. But for now im going to try and go without so i can take care of my son.

How long do these side effects usually last?? Xxx

• Posted

Been in them since last May and I'm still getting some side effects was on 8 a day now down to 4 -2 depends on the pain only side effect is constipation which can be bad i take other drugs for dizzyness nothing to do with tramadol word of warning they are very addictive Be careful with the dose you take
    • Posted

How are you doing? How's your baby? Hope all the best for you!

P.S.

I have a question about the "air getting trapped inside" comment you made. Thanks again and have a great day night week month year and life too! :-) LOL!

,Molly

• Posted

Oh Kale10,

You did't mention you had a baby boy to look after as well! Your doctor should Never have given you Tramadol!!! There must be another strong painkiller that you can take. I'd go back and ask them.

xxx

• Posted

Well. I wadnt aware there was so many side effects like this. I was takimg codiene before. Which was upseting my stomach more. When i went to the gp yesterday i actually had my baby with me. Ive been really struggling today. His dad is away and ive been really weak and sick and havent been able to do alot as ive just wanted to sleep. Im really just hoping this all passes soon so i can get back to being a mummy who doesnt feel like crap! I didnt even realise tramadol were addictive either. Im 19. Never had them before and the gp never mentioned this. Xxx
  • Posted

It can make you feel very nauseous. Keep an eye on it for a day or two then mention it to your doctor. It might not be for you. My mum couldnt take Tramadol for that reason.
  • Posted

have your doctor prescribe Bentyl. Its a anti-spasmodic or helps with gallbladder spasms. But they can make you dizzy an sleepy. I broke mine in half. I had to have gallbladder an apendix out in June. Did you have any testing done on your gallbladder? Tramadol is very addicting an I would'nt start it it won't help anyway. You need a ultrasound on your upper abdomen on your gallbladder an a gallbladder function test or Papida scan. I wonder why your dr did'nt order further testing. But the Bentyl really helped me with the pain. But like I said I would take it at night not during day until your use to it. Please don't take the Tramadol.
    • Posted

Hi. Ive had an ultrasound. And blood tests. My liver function is abnormal has been for the past four months. They said i have bilary colic and that a gallstone is possibly lodged in my bile duct which is causing the pain.

She gave me tramadol,lamoprazole and bucopan. Im definitely not going to use the tramadol anymore. It has made me feel quite poorly. And with baby i cant be being sick and feeling like this all the time. I have an MRCP mri scan on sunday 20th. Hoping for more answers then! Xx

• Posted

Is it possible for you to take a lesser dose.  Go back to your doctor, let them know it is an emergency, as it is.  How are you exepected to care for a baby in the state you are in. Though to be honest, everyone's reaction to tramadol is different way,  If your baby is still sleeping during the day, take the time to rest, so long as you and baby are "fine" (+you must eat, even if you don't feel like it).  Forget about the housework.  Good luck, hope you start feeling better soon.
  • Posted

Hi Chrissie, personally I never suffered any side affect but if I were you I would think twice about taking Tramadol as they are very addictive and hard to come off. I have been trying to wean off them for months and it is very hard once your body get used to them in the system. If you are having sie affects after only taking them the one time take my advice and ask your doctor for an alternative pain killer.
  • Posted

I've never had that happen in 5 years of taking 2 tramadol at a time for nerve pain. It's possible for any medication to have those effects. Tramadol could certainly be the problem. 
  • Posted

Fro personal expireance I would advise that you do not take the Tramadol at all as they can be very addictive and hard to come off once they are in your system, you could end up feeling worse than you are now. speak to your DR and ask him to prescribe another pain killer that is not so dangerous. As you say you have a very young baby and baby is very much in need of you so you need to be able to cope and function properly.
  • Posted

I'm guessing you got prescribed 50mg pills. You should try just taking 50mg instead of 100mg. 100mg at once for your first time is crazy! Not surpsrised you got a bit sick.

I've been taking 150mg/day of tramadol for several months and I've never had any nausea, vomiting, dizzyness from it. My dosage was slowly increased over time will no ill effects.

Also, the vomiting could be related to your gallbladder rather than the tramadol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.