sore skin on heal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I suffer with eczema on my feet on heal and underneath all slip open and bleeding I keep putting cream on from hospital just not helping so sore to walk on any info please

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dear Liz,

I have suffered with eczema for years. For many years was prescribed creams and all kinds of things by the so called "experts" i.e dermatologists. I asked if it could be an allergy and they said "no that only occurs in children".

Well eventually after none of the creams worked, I went to an accupuncturist and he said that it could be an allergy. I therefore went on an exclusion diet for 3 months and discovered that I had an allergy to dairy products mainly but also tree nuts and also fish. I now live normally again. 

Incidentally, the accupuncturist that I saw had been a GP but said that he was tired of "peddling drugs for the pharmaceutical industry."

On analysing some of the research that dermatologists rely on, it is clear that it is funded by the same industries that produce the moisturisers and creams that the dermatogists routinely prescribe.

Therefore you must be wary and explore the possiblity that you have an intolerance to certain foods. If so, it takes a number of months excluding those foods from your diet before you discover whether they are causing the problem, therefore you need to be patient in the process. I hope this helps.

Steve

• Posted

Hi Steve a also had eczema since being little I'm. Older now it'd my feet that trouble me as on them all the time I've had alleges and tested for most things just a pain as on.feet no moving yes I'm going to give it ago and change see what happens thanks for yur help.steve
  • Posted

Hi Liz

i am my daughter both suffer from eczema, we have constant itching, sores that are open, when we shower we found let the water drain off your feet ( no shower products ) just dry the feet and put a cream on with a cotton sock. My daughter has to sometimes put on bandages they are that bad.  Hope this helps 

• Posted

HI Jean 

I would recomned to you too that you and your daughter look into the possibiity that you may only have an intolerance to certain foods. If that is the case, you can both be cured. The only snag is that it is difficult to discover exactly which foods you may have an intolerance too. Additionally, it takes about 3 months for all of the toxins from those foods to leave your body and as such you must patient. However, the most common foods that cause this are dairy products, tree nuts, fish and also with some people what and additives to foods like sulphides i.e. E numbers. 

Best

Steve

• Posted

Hi Liz - I suffer from plaque psoriasis on my feet that is cracked, bleeds and the skin is split in a number of places. In order to make walking more bearable I cover the cuts/splits with hydrocolloid plasters or blister plasters which are made from hydrocolloid. If I am doing a lot of walking I put a Cosmopor E absorbent adhesive dressing over the top of the plasters to keep them in place and then a pair of socks. This allows me to be mobile without feeling that I am walking on glass. You could leave these on for a few days to give the skin a chance to heal. However at night time I often now soak my feet in a washing up bowl in which I place about 3 inches of tepid water and one level teaspoonful of Epsom salts, mixed well before placing my feet in there for 20 minutes. This also helps the healing process. After drying them I apply a moisturiser, in my case  I use diprobase ointment, again leave it to soak for about 15 minutes and then put a pair of socks on. You could wear these to bed but I tend to get too hot so I remove the socks when I get in bed, apply more diprobase, hang my feet out of bed for 10 more minutes before placing them under the covers. I realise that this is all very convoluted but it took me months of trial and error to get this right for me me to improve my very cracked and split feet and I just thought I would share this in case it is of any help to you. Good luck, let us know how you get on. 
    • Posted

Thank you my feet really hurt I creamed them and cover with socks but nothing seems to help I feel I'm. Loosing a battle and being on my feet daily I feel whst good I've done has gone

I used to buy dressing for feet and plasters still do but them I lm very sensitive to. Them

Feet get even sore but I feel better to have you guys here thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.