to do or die

Posted , 4 users are following.

I really don't know how much longer I can go without an operation on my hietal hernia...inspite how risky he said it would be because of my birht stomach operation. The conrolleyescenses is that I would not come out alive.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I would get multiple opinions. Also wouldn't they be doing the procedure by way of laparoscope or endoscopy?
    • Posted

My Surgeon is really non-talkative so far but when I see him on the 28th and tell him it is all worse even after going on 2 pantazole per day maybe he will be more informative.rolleyes
  • Posted

David,

Is your hiatus hernia a sliding or rolling hiatus hernia? If it is sliding it can be very uncomfortable but not life threatening. If it is a rolling or esophageal hernia and very symptomatic then it is more srerious. 

Judy

• Posted

As far as it all seems..and no more than he will talk about it.......it is alittle of both.....it sure feels like it for sure.eek
    • Posted

Judy have you ever heard of Hypothalmus Disorder? A doctor told me one I had it and I will have good days and bad days. Although being in denial for 2 years, maybe he was right afterall. Pretty hopeless huh?
  • Posted

First, I know very little about your type of hernia (heck I don't even know much about my own!), but I have a lot of compassion for your situation.

Do you know if not getting operated will result in death? You said you 'don't know how much longer I can go'; I'm not sure what you mean by that.  If so, then surgery despite its risk would be your only option.

I would think surgeons would go with surgery if they felt your condition left alone to be fatal. 

I don't know how mobile you are and other conditions, but I hope you can get as many consultations as you can. If I could live on with the condition despite great pain, I would, if surgery is indeed as risky as they are telling you.

Please keep posting.

• Posted

What he actually told me is that he would opperate only if we have to and therefore would not make any redfacedifference. I guess meaning that I would have died anyway.
    • Posted

You need to see other doctors and get clearer information as to the dangers involved. Meanwhile learn all you can, which I'm sure you're doing.

Everything makes a difference. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.