New very bright lighting at work.

Posted , 4 users are following.

We are being moved into another part of our building at work but its had new LED lighting and lots of it. The floor been painted a light Grey and has very light walls. To say its bright in there is an understatment. I really did'nt like it at all and was only in the room a short time. The room was empty at the time but just wondering if my eyes will get used to it or am i going to have problems. Just seem one thing after another at the moment.

Again any advice would be great please.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I know what you are going through, the glare itself drives me crazy.  I got my boss to loosen some of the bulbs to turn them off.  That way i don't have  a lot of  LED lighting.  If you are working on a computer to help turn down the the lighting on the screen.  i feel your pain.
    • Posted

Hi. No i'll be standing at my work bench. Its was so bright even work mates with good eyesight saying it was very bright. Hoping that when everything is in place it wont be so bad. Guess time will tell. Going to speak to the doc when i have my op Wedensday.
    • Posted

yeah ask the doctor because they do have a glare proof for glasses i have them for driving.  i still say loosen some of the bulbs it really did work for me not to have all that light. Good Luck
    • Posted

Wish i could but these things are LED panels. If push comes to shove work have a duty of care so will try see what they are going to do about it.
    • Posted

Wish you luck and don't give up there is other solutions, I'm sure take care.+
  • Posted

Suggest you wear dark glasses and start a trend.  As soon as a few others follow you will find management will quickly replace the LEDs lights with less high intensity lights.  I am expecting the same problem in 10 days when  I move into a newly refurbished building with halogen lights and stark white walls.
  • Posted

Well, funny that.... I'd welcome bright light. Wherever I go everything seeems dark and gloomy!

How about wearing good quality light sunglasses?

It'll work both to give you the protection you need and make a point to the people in charge. It might catch on and become an office fashion!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.