Day 4

Posted , 4 users are following.

Mornings are terrible no energy perminant headache, can't think. This is really taking some stamina to keep going. Fog goes about 3 or 4 then get a few normal hours. Had the usual dreams and just being zonked each morning. I have a friend supporting me that's only reason I am still going. She knows who she is

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been taking mirt? Maybe it doesn't agree with you? It didn't with me. I suffered terrible anxiety & all the other symptoms you mentioned. Currently weening off & back on fluoxatine but it's still really tough, I need tranquilisers to get through the day. But hopefully the fluoxatine will start working soon & I can ween off them too.
  • Posted

Actually what you describes sounds like what depression did to me. Mornings useless , a few hours in the evening not too bad. Does the title of the Post mean you're on Day 4 of taking Mirtazapine? It's very early days if so, you might need to stick with it for a few weeks before you can judge whether it is helping.
    • Posted

That's what I need to hear as I feel like sh"t to be honest
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that. Maybe pixie is right. You do need to give it atleast 2 or 3 weeks, I messed with my dose & stopped & started taking mine which was probably what caused my reaction. Just stick to what the doctor advises. Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Basically I am depressed Christ I admit that. The mirt, basically it's the vagueness is making me confused I have read a million times that this is a symptom when you start but fighting through it is hard. I had the same issues years ago when I went onto sertraline
    • Posted

Perhaps what you need to hear is that we've been through it and come out the other side. It DOES go, but I know how difficult it is to have faith at this stage. Use all the strength you have to keep going, listen to what your doc suggests. I used to take one hour at a time, even half an hour at a time, and each bit got through is an achievement. Distract yourself with whatever you can do and perhaps enjoy. I used crosswords and TV. I hope you can find what works for you.
    • Posted

Wow what a kind post , he gave me 15mg tabs but as I know they are sedating so I took 7.5mg , it's the morning/afternoon drousyness like a huge hangover/headache I feel terrible, I have read to much online from people, some saying it never goes but most seem to say it does.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear your problems .... I find that taking it earlier means that I am more awake in the morning and not so drowsy. I have been on 45mg for about 18 months and have the best nights sleep ... previously I had a terrible sleep pattern.
    • Posted

Me too my sleep was non existent and alcohol induced. Will this fog ease I know it's only day 4 but I am paranoid
    • Posted

We all react differently to meds but I think if you give it more time you should see some improvement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.