So ill taking tramadol

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. My Husband has been ill for seven years and has every test going and can't find what's wrong with him. He has been on Tramadrol all this time. About a week ago I said to him pain killers can give you headaches one of the many things he is suffering from every day so looked into Tramadrol. I was so shocked at what I found out. He has been told to take a 100mil a day but some days he has not taken them regularly so what I can gather has been going through withdrawal off and on, the mornings have been the worst he has been so bad most times he has to go back to bed for an hour. He has had all the symptoms of withdrawal. He is now weening himself off them not very nice but has to be done. His and my life has been a misery and a total waste of the last seven years he never had many good days in those years. He has also developed tinnitus would be interested to know if anyone else has had it. Hopefully he will feel better soon. I wouldn't advise anyone to start taking them.

maddie

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Loads of advice from people who have tapered off Tramadol. I wish you husband all the best. Once the effects of Tramadol are out of his system he will be able to take stock of how he feels. Takes a long time after you stop to feel "normal" though. For me the "brain zaps" were the worse. They kep on for a few weeks after I had stopped this drug. At one stage I worried that they would never stop. I cant remember howany months I have not taken it for. Must be at least 4. So glad I stopped.
    • Posted

What do you mean about brain zap? Do you feel dizzy? My husband says he feels like half his brain is numb. And dizzy.
    • Posted

I cant explain it. They feel like little electric shocks. Horrible.
  • Posted

Seven years on tramadol and it's making him ill what kind of doctor does he have ? If they have made his sick why take them ? Don't understand have you spoke about this too his GP saying he's being ill with side effects ?

• Posted

We never new it was the Tamdrol making him sick it never occurred to us at all. Only realised it could be them as I read somewhere that pain killers can give you a headache then the penny dropped. 

He has an appointment next week with the Dr to tell her what is happening, I know what she is going to say. Its not that. To cover herself as she has been giving him so many. He had a lot of blood test just before realising the problem all came back satisfactory. He was saying today he feels a lot better in the morning but has a few side effects, like feeling very odd in his head, headache, tired, and has a flu like feeling. 

• Posted

Slow and steady with that taper. I found half a tablet drop from the daily dose every 2 weeks worked best for me but it really depends how much withdrawal he gets and can tolerate as he may be able to reduce more or less than that.

I've had tinitus most if my life and it doesn't bother me. I know some people it drives nuts though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.