Help :( feeling really down

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on orlistat for one month and lost 10 lbs. during the second month I didn't take it consistently and ate terrible and month on I've put all the weight back on if not more sad

Feel so disgusted in myself. I've got about 7 or 8 days worth of tablets left but I know if I go back to the doc he won't give me any more cause I won't have lost more weight sad feel so so down about this my confidence has reached 0 cause I was doing so well

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with diabetes 2 yrs ago, after trying a number of different meds which didn't agree with me I did some research.

I went on a diet that was undergoing trials, the Newcastle diet & lost 4 stone over the 12 weeks of the trial suggested.

You can look it up on the internet, What I did was to eat as much non starchy  veg as I wanted + the odd bit of fruit & a few raw nuts, a bit of a deviation from.

whats suggested, but it certainly worked!

You can buy Orlistat over the counter, but the above is a much cheaper version.

• Posted

Hi I wouldn't worry too much just learn from your mistakes I went on a 2 week all inclusive holiday and put 3  lb on I was really down about it but realised the only person suffering by me eating rubbish was me  so I gave my head a wobble and bought a salad. My gp told me I had to lose 5% f my body weight in the first 3 months for them to keep prescribing them I'm on month 4 and so far lost 1 stone 7lb still I long way to go got my 4 month weigh in in 2 weeks so hopefully will lose some more .. Good luck hope you feel better soon x
  • Posted

Hi natasha 1st of all stop punishing your self so much its a vicious circle you feel guilty then end up eating to console yourself decide today a new goal keep positive (easier said then done i know!!) clear out your cupboards of all the things your not allowed to eat if you like a biscuit with coffee have asdas caramel rice cakes sweet very low fat 41 calories! You can still enjoy nice food but low food change the way you eat swop white bread for wholemeal jacket potatoes no butter with nice fresh salad i get turkey steaks season them and use my lean grill for everything even prawns just season with garlic salt aldi do pea and ham soup in the chiller have half and fill it with a bag of steamed veg broccoli,cauli carrotts its very filling ,  start the remainder of your tablets if you keep to 1200 calories a day keep your fat down and carbs you may be surprised if you get a couple of pounds of before your weigh in then when you go explaine to then you had a very stressful bad month but now your determined to get back on track they may take pity on you they are there to help and encourage you not punish you ive had some bad days where i totallly went of the rails but the next day i start again when you start losing you feel better but you have to work with the tablets they are not a miracle cure alone dont give up get back on track today!! You can do it its just staying positive and working hard for a few months but the benfits at the end are so worth it chin up dont give up were all in the same boat xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.