It was the methocarbamol

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 77 years old female and having so much leg weakness and ache's  . Doctor put me on methocarbamol.  The condition got worse  I needed a cane to walk  my balance ....I had no balance.    So afraid of falling.  Stopped taking my statin for cholesterol.   No energy. Ready to give up.   Then  I decided to stop taking the methocarbamol.  And in 2 days I'm a new woman.  Balance perfect ,no leg weakness .  Can throw away the cane.

away 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI Sandy, glad to learn you found out the cause of you problems. It took me quite awhile to discover that Amlodopine was causing my fatigue, weakness vertigo, and PN. Patients and the medical community need to be more aware of the problems medications can cause as they treat our disease. The cure is sometime worse than the disease. Good health to you
    • Posted

Amlodipine was a problem too. I now take 1/2 of 5 mg it's amazing how harmful meds can be.i really don't want to take the statins for cholesterol but don't have much choice. I take statin every other day. So glad I found this site

Be well

Sandy

• Posted

Sandy maybe you can get off the Amlodopine and have your Dr. Try you on another medication. I am monitoring myBP and return to my Dr. Next week to see if I can stay off BP meds. Good health to you
  • Posted

Hi sandy,

i was prescribed amlodopine last year when i went thru an horrific blood pressure episode and my regular BP meds was not effective anymore.  Before taking the new med i checked online and what i found out scared me so much that I never took amlodopine.  The elevated bp eventually came down and i got thru that period with my regular bp meds.  We have to be very careful with medications and our body.  Glad you're doing better with your balance..it can be scary

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.