Has orlistat changed?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was on it a year ago and when I went over my fats, I bloody knew about it. The orange oil is well known by all here I'm sure. Maybe I had an accident in public :o.

However due to a series of unfortunate events I went off it, and now I'm back on.

Thing is it's birthday week (there are 3! family birthdays this week) and whilst I've been very well behaved, I've definitely went over my fats. Not only that but generally I sometimes make mistakes as it still can be confusing for me, the rules on fats. I get a bit of an iffy tummy from that but none of the old effects.

I have lost weight regardless, a fairly good amount in 2 weeks I'll admit. I don't particularly miss that effect but at the same time it was a warning system, and above all it was kind of the way to know it was still working in my body.

Has it changed? I'm on the same dose amount as I was a year ago..

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had the orange oil recently but only after I had got a bit over-confident and had eaten quite fatty foods for a few days running.

It put me off using the tablets for a bit but I am back on them now and not keen to repeat the orange experience so being good so far :-)

• Posted

Yes I had a public accident, my mum couldn't stop laughing. Luckily it wasn't noticeable so I had a good laugh too over the fact I pooped mysel outside asda. Ok it was only the oil but never the less!

I just think it's really bizarre I haven't had any. I definitely went over my fats by a fair amount one day. I was behaving in the calorie sense but the food was VERY fatty.

It's just bizarrely a little upsetting to me. I do have an E.D though so I mean it'll make a bit of sense that I'm bothered about it. 

• Posted

Maybe 2 weeks isn't long enough to get it into your system properly?

I definitely think if you carry on eating high fat you will get the oil back :-)

• Posted

Maybe. Though plenty of people experience it in the first few days so eh. Maybe it's a person to person deal. Oh well, like I said, seems to be helping so smile. I was just curious. Thank you for replying!
  • Posted

bloody hilarious 2 seconds after i replied i had to run to the toilet (i have an anxiety disorder n need to poop when im nervous or have a sensory reaction, its ridiculous)

and well...there the side effects were. guess you were right daisy! thanks again smile

• Posted

Ha! Brilliant! At least you know they are working.......

• Posted

Funny you should mention that , i am currently on my 2nd month and i am having no side effects at all , i was beginning to think i had a dodgy box , i am eating exactly the same as i did last month so should still be seeing some oil in the lav , but not losing nothing
    • Posted

Ar right thanks britneyspears i thought aslong as you had some oil in the lav it was not getting absorbed , i am still struggling to shift any weight though
    • Posted

Hi Nicola,

no the oil will only come if you are eating the wrong foods i never had any effects on them as i always ate low fat stick to that and it will be fine

Rome wasn't built in a day give it time

Britney

X

• Posted

I too thought it wasn't working. .. until I got over - confident and ate steak last night...

Suffering a bit today ! That'll teach me!!! 😂

• Posted

Same here caterpillar , had a portion of chinese food last night and i am now paying for it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.