hypertyroidism ???

Posted , 4 users are following.

If my tsh is 1.30 range 0.27-4.20 and free T4 is high 1.85 range 0.93 range 1.70 to that makes me have hyperthyroidism ??

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

My TSH was 0.17, Free T4 was 16.5 and TPOAs were less than 33. I was then diagnosed with sub clinical hyperthyroidism . I also have twent nodules on the thyroid which can hyper seret T3 and T4. No one will do anything even though it is mandatory to treat subclinical hyperthyroidism to prevent damge to the heart and bones rsulting in AF and/or osteoporosis. Oerhaps someone should tell these doctors what the guidelines for the management and treatment of subclinical hyperthyroidism is before even more people suffer unnecessarily.
  • Posted

I agree with Jean.  I have Graves disease and just when I first was tested, my TSH was similar to yours and my Free T4 was elevated.  Within 1 month, my TSH dropped to less than 0.001 and my Free T3 elevated as well.  Your doc should be testing your TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 routinely for thyroid tests.  How are you feeling?  That is another indication to repeat the tests soon, like within a month if you are feeling hyper or have palpitations, etc.  You might just have caught your thyroid abnormality early and your lab values will change quickly or you may have subclinical hyperthyroidism and will stay at these levels for a while.
    • Posted

All of my other test came on range my t3 andT4 the only one high was my free t 4 . I did had heart palpitations at one point but then they went away ! One of my doctors told me it might just be anxiety . but my primary doctor told me is hypertiroidism so I'm now confuse ! Cause once u start taking the medication ur body becomes reactive so I don't know what to do anymore! I have already been tested twice and so far i have had the same resuls.
  • Posted

Hello Edith:

My name is Shelly and I am a nurse in the USA.

Your TSH is like a sensor in the body and when the number goes on the low side it means you have high thyroid hormone.

TSH of 1.30 is on the lower end of your scale (0.27-4.20)  but I have seen it worse than that.

Hyperthyroid symptoms are: Fast pulse/heart rate,  feeling HOT, feeling sweaty, having bulging eyes, loose bowels, anxiety, nervousness, unable to sleep, etc...there are more but these are common.

Your doctor will most likely repeat your blood work in 3 months and see if the level is still high.  They do have meds to slow down the thyroid.

Stay well, Shelly

• Posted

Shelly thank u for ur reply ! That's exactly how I feel i just started taking tapazole 2 days ago but is making me nauseas and belly sick ! My Dr want me to continue on taking it until my body gets use to it , she also lowered my douse to 5 mg a day! Is this common to feel nauseas and sick when u start taking it!?? I'm scare I might be allergic to it !
    • Posted

Jean ,Is a common brand to treat hypertyroydism!
    • Posted

Hello Edith:

It is an anti-thyroid drug  (Methamazole) like carbimazole and it could cause the nausea as a side effect.  Try taking it in half a dose, and wait a while like 6 hours and then the other half. Your body may not like the all at once dose. Try taking it slow and see if it works better for you.

Of course if you get worse, call the doctor.  Stay well, Shelly

• Posted

Thank you shelly I'm gonna take ur advice ! Thank u so much !
    • Posted

Thanks Edith.

Do you feel anxious and deppressed with your thyroid problem. I do.

Jean  

• Posted

Yes Jean! For the longest I though I was going through depression. Until I started to lose weight for no reason very anxious sometimes I even think I'm going crazy and no energy at all have a very hard time concentrating ! Some doctors even told me it was not tyroyd it was anxiety it took me about 4 months before a doctor wanted to treat me for tyroydism.
    • Posted

Hi Again Edith:

I have Hashimoto's thyroid disease and I know we all wish we could lose weight easily. However neither HYPO or Hyper are any fun.  I am glad your doctor diagnosed you.

A famous American actor the Late Don Knotts had hyperthyroidism and lived well into his 80's.  He was always thin and shaky looking, and made you feel sort of nervous feeling.  So you can live with it, that is what I am saying.

XO Shelly

• Posted

My grandmother had hypertyroydism and she only had to take her medication for six months hopefully that's my case . all test show is not grave deseas just tyroyd ! No nodules or any other thing! So I'm hoping and praying for the best ! I hope everyone of y'all get better soon too! Thank you for all the info and for all the advice's I really appreciate it !
    • Posted

Hello Edith:

Thyroid disease can run in familes.  Both Hypo and Hyper.  It can skip a generation also.  It hits women more than men.  Yes, it may settle down, over time. 

Stay well, and keep us updated in the future.  Shelly

• Posted

Hi Shelly

Two aunts of mine had thyroid disease. One also had diabetes, the other Parkinsons Disease. My brother has Parkinsons Disease. I wish registers were kept for epidemiological and research purposes.

Jean

• Posted

Edith

Do you live in the UK. I ask because I am keen to know what tthe UK policy is for the tratment andmanagement of a patient with subcllinical hyperthyroidism.

May I ask you if you have any other conditions. For example diabetes, heart disease, palpitations, amgina, high blood pressure etc, etc. Hope you do not mind my asking .I too was anxious, lost weight etc when I first became ill. Still do feel anxious and depressed.

Kind regards

Jean xx

• Posted

Dear Edith

Its ok. we have all been there due to this horrible condition. It is just cruel and weird.

Don't worry. If you were crazy you would not have written what you just did. It is exactly how I felt and also thousands of others as well. In other words it is normal to hear people with thyoid disease sauy that they thought they were going crazy or breaking down etc.

Itis easier to fob a patient off with the annxiety thing than to onvestigate them first to exclude or to try to exclude any physiological factors, causes or reasons for their myriad of signs and symptoms. Also anxiety and deprssion igure highly on he list of the signs and symptoms of a thyrpid disorder so one can only wonder why drs are unable to suspect/diagnose what should be the obvious.

Meanwhile thousands suffer needlessly waiting for a diagnosis and then waiting months and months for treatment.

• Posted

Hi Shelly

All these happened to me. I also had dry eyes and concretions. I now believe that this was the dreaded Sjorgrens syndrome and possibly the thyroid eye as well.My vision was very blurred. I would anyone who has this to get an eye exam done urgently.

. I also have subclinical hyperthyroidism and 20 nodules on the thyroid. Just thought I would respond to this msg because all threcan go together.

My joints and mmuscles hurt like mad.

Jean 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.