Fit for week

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi advice needed I've been off work 6 weeks with anxiety weeks 3-4 were a right off as a young doc changed me from citalapram 10mg which I'd been on 5yrs to a disastrous 2 weeks of sertraline.14 days ago a senior doc put me back on 10 mg citalapram and then upped it a week later to 20 mg.My question is do you suffererers think its too early to go back although I feel a little better I still AV bad days and mornings are not very good.I asked my boss if I could go back for a week or two on reduced hours he wasn't impressed but because I don't look too bad they don't seem to recognise anxiety as an illness and keep getting in at me because they don't like taking tablets and it was a sudden accidental withdrawral from a powerful drug called gabapentin that created the anxiety.Is two weeks after starting again too early to go back and aren't you entitled to a phased return to work after illness by law does anyone know about this please .

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I personally think it's to early to return to work. I can relate to the morning difficulties as I am the same and still not back at work.

When you are ready to return to work you should be offered a phased return. I would listen to your body... If you know in yourself your not well enough take some more time Xxx meds take a while to kick in so take it easy on yourself xx

• Posted

Thanx Lorraine it's just people who don't know what it's like to suffer think your trying to pull a swift one some days I'm not bad especially in the afternoon but mornings are hard and even worse I'm perimemopause and starting HRT again something men don't understand xx
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,

I agree with Lorraine. You will know in yourself when you are ready. Does your employer have an Occupational Health dept? They should be able to facilitate a phased return when the time is right without feeling pressure from your boss, who obviously sees things from a business/service-level perspective. If no OH, then the Human Resources dept could intervene and offer you some support. You shouldn't feel under pressure (certainly at this stage) to return before you are ready when you are under your doctor's care.

Good luck. Big hug. Let us know how you get on. Hope you continue to feel better with each day but don't put pressure on yourself :-)

Digsby xx

• Posted

Hi digsby don't be silly there's only 3 of us there we don't even have health and safety but as far as I know I'm entitled to it by law I'm going to have another go but my job is so handy I can walk to work and I enjoy what I do
  • Posted

Hi why don't you ring or google ACAS?   They would know.  I presume you are in the UK?  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.