Headaches

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a TIA last June and was started on ramipril, atvorstatin and clopidigrol. I have had constant headaches since then which are debilitating. anyone else had this experience or is it side effects of medication?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would be most suspicious of the drugs being responsible for the headaches as an adverse reaction or interaction. I suggest looking into why each of these drugs has been prescribed and if they are all necessary in your case. After my stroke I was prescribed a few drugs but later my new neurologist told me I didn't need them. But I am not you. 
  • Posted

I was just wondering if you found a solution to your head aches. I'm using some of the same medications as you were and have been experiencing daily headaches ( not chronic ) since having a stroke.

• Posted

My headaches eventually got a lot better after about 6 mths of starting my medication. I presume I adjusted to it eventually. The neurologist said they were chronic daily stress headaches but think it was more my medication or a combination of both factors. I still get more headaches than I used to a year later but generally I am much better.
    • Posted

Hi Wendy, this is a year later but I just want to say that my husband had headaches when put on Atovarstatin as he was given a very high dose of 80 but now he's on 20.  However for a TIA you seem to be on a lot of meds.  My advice is to talk to a pharmacist as they know a lot more about interaction between meds sometimes than doctors.  Then if the chemist thinks your meds need changing then go back to your doctor.  My husband had a minor stroke so he's also on Amlodopine and a baby aspirin.  Hoping you're in good shape now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.