coming off tramadol

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been using a significant less amount of tramadol for 3 days, today I only have had two and its the first two I have taken since Sunday morning and I took two then also, instant release 50mg. Last time I tried to stop taking it I was in hell and very quickly went right back to it. I have been incorperating nurontin and zanex with a random perc about two times a day. The withdrawl is significantly lower and tollerable.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Don't stop by one tablet.  Stop by halves or even better quarters (you can get a thing from the chemist that cuts tablets up; less mess and more accurate).  It's a hell of a shock to your system so take it gently, you are in no rush, decrease by a fornight each time, you will still feel a little yukky, but nowhere near the feeling you'd get by cutting out a whole tab. I don't know about the other tabs, but should imagine if you did the same thing......
  • Posted

Xanax is a potent benzo. What is nurontin and perc?   That's  lot of meds.  I'm down to breaking a50mg tramadol in to 4 parts and taking all four during the day.  Breaking one ditto for the night and generally finish those 4 bits by breakfast.  Impossible to lower my dose further. Also, take a melatonin or two at night .  Don't see how I can go lower than 100mg tramadol. Trying  for weeks and symptoms just too horrible. But soluble ones Zamadol give one the best chance as they crumble into powder easily... I'll just do it over months, or years even ...  Keep calm and carry on
    • Posted

If you are breaking your meds into quarters, then stop taking one quarter (not the whole tablet).  Start by taking your normal dose at the beginning of the day.  same at lunch time if necesary.  Before you go to bed take the shortened dosage, perhaps take a paracetamol in its place. It is easier at night; ore so if you take sleeping meds.  Worth a try ??
    • Posted

This I found hard to figure out. I took the same amount, 75mg 3 times a day, never once decreasing or increasing the dose for about 18 months. I started with the ill feelings without having ever changed añything. Today is day nine and still not sleeping well, still nervous, etc. Help!!
    • Posted

Sometimes our bodies go through strange changes. Instead of taking more (or less) have you tried taking something different; sometimes all you need is one dose and your system rights itself.  Speak with your doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.