Day 3 of amoxicillin and feel sick?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Was ok on this last time and it's getting worse the longer I take. Anyone else had the same?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Like wise, I have never had any trouble with amoxicillin before but had 2 days of feeling sick after about 4 days of amoxicillin. I called the out of hours GP who said if it is only feeling sick and not being sick it could be a side effect even though you have had no trouble before. I was adviced to stop taking it because I was almost at the end of the course but I have carried on taking it as I have Asthma and the infection has not yet let up. But I am going back to my own GP tomorrow for more advice as its my last dose and I need something stronger.
  • Posted

I wish there was an out of hours G.P in England, but needless to say, that stopped about two years ago.   Amoxcillin is a better anti-biotic drug than some of the others and should have less side effects, i too have noticed that after the third or fourth day, the effects like headaches tummy upset and dizzyness, really start to kick in. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.