Does anyone get tired?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello i am boarderline overactive doctor wants to see my bloods this week to see if there has been any change before treatment!

I was on 80 mg of propranalol and couldn't function so doc said i could half dose! The thing is i get soo tired even when i wake up, did anyone else feel like this i also get light headed if i do too much!

Do symptoms improve when you start taking medication for overactive thyroid?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

When I was diagnosed with graves and hyper... I was so tire all the time... doc put me in propanolol and methimazole... my hr went down to normal.. until I could finally take off the propanolol bec that made me puff like a balloon... now on methimazole and happy... to answer your question yes. Tiredness will go away after u start taking your thyroid meds... but not sure how long for u bec it's different for everybody
    • Posted

Hi there Hypnocool thanks so much for your reply! How did propranalol make you puff out? Do you mean you put on weight? I have been on 40mg propranalol for about 2 years because i get migraine when doctor discovered my overactive thyroid he put me up to 80mg but i felt so spacey back down to 40mg! I also take an antidepressant so wasn't sure it combination making me tired or the thyroid! But that's good to know that you got tired i thought i was going a bit bonkers! Just hope when i get results this time i will go on medication, and i would sometime like to wean myself off propranalol! Did you sweat a lot too, and get out of breath easily?
    • Posted

Are you taking something for your thyroid?  Because Propanolol just helps keep your HR down.  Yes I gain weight at first because I was overmedicated with methimazole and my eating habit didn't change which I should've.  Then propanolol is a water rentention drug but helped my HR. So a combination of things puff me like a marsmallow...  First you have to take your HR and Thyroid under control.
    • Posted

Having bloods done again this week and then they will decide if i need medication?
    • Posted

You mean they know that you have over active thyroid and they haven't prescribed any thyroid med to you yet? ....zole
    • Posted

Yes! I was boarderline apparently! So doing bloods again this week which will be a month since my last bloods!!! I just hope they treat it as i have so many symptoms, i really cant do anything much! Good job i work for myself!
    • Posted

I am curious...are they testing for tsh, t4 and t3? Are u seeing an endo doctor? Bec he or she should know how to tackle it...
    • Posted

Yes apparently my bloods this time will be seen by endo doctor!
  • Posted

I personally feel like I have the same amount of energy but instead of getting very hyper then crashing I feel a more even amount of energy throughout the day. I take my ( I call my atenolol, methimazole, and Zyrtec aka cetrizine my sleepy pills) just before I go to bed. Those pretty much allow me to sleep and feel refreshed the next morning. But you and me are different people. I hope this helps anyway.
    • Posted

Yes it does MCamp thank you! Considering i am boarderline overactive thyroid i just wondered why i'm so tired the only hypo symtoms i seem to have is really sweating and racing mind! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.