I'm really desperate is there any help out there

Posted , 2 users are following.

74 year man with heart  disease  very high cholesterol take 40 mg of Lipitor sometimes 80 mg of Lipitor doesn't seem to help I was buying cholesterol off plus  from: Costco that was no help whatsoever  My new no. Are Triglycerides 315 Cholesterol 194 HDL 32 LDL 99 What to do

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just so that people in Europe can understand these values I have comverted them to mmol/l which are the units used outside the US.  These figures give a cholestelrol of 5.0, HDL of 0.8 and  triglycerides of 3.55. My concern would be more with the triglycerides than the cholesterol.  I would seriously look at your diet rather than trying to treat a number with drugs.  It is usually not too difficult to reduce triglycerides - a talk with a dietician would help and there is also plenty of help available on the  Internet.
  • Posted

I agree with Ann68675, but I would prefer it if you went to your local pharmacy who are geared up to these types of issues, in not, then a health store.  You never know what you are getting on the internet.  Supermarkets/stores will only sell lower doses of drugs, anything stronger and they would need a licences.  Please don't play with your health by self medicating. Speak to a professioal
  • Posted

I meant to look on the Internet for DIETARY INFORMATION and my advice was to use a dietician for advice on reducing triglycerides if one was available.   I am talking about using FOOD not DRUGS to reduce your blood fats.  Sorry if  what I said was misleading. 
  • Posted

I am stage III kidney disease I read that that had something to do with high  triglyceride  I have been doing the Lipitor thing for over 20 years so I'm not new at this I take 40 mg of Lipitor they want me to take 80 mg so that what I will have To do They me take 48mg Fenofibrate  it made me nauseous 
  • Posted

Very disappointed in their answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.