Stomach Cancer ... Symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey Everyone

I have been suffering with nausea really bad for the past year. Was diagnosed with Hpylori in Oct /14 took antibiotics it went away but not the nausea.

It isn't has severe not bed ridden anymore but since March I get nauseated here and there. Why hasn't it gone my GI doesn't think it's much anymore doesn't want to do a scope. I am nervous to ask for one but I will next week when I see my GI in a follow up.

What I worry about is what if it's stomach cancer since I did have Hpylori ?

The last 6 months I have a cough on and off will see my ENT dr tomorrow . So tired of being sick and having to watch my social life!! Not working now but will have to in a few months.

So please anyone know someone that had stomach cancer or does what are the symptoms? None of my dr's feel I have cancer but some haven't brought it up.. Please need help in relaxing! People keep telling me to not focus on it so much but easier said then done !

Thx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Robin, try not to worry too much about stomach cancer. Chronic naseau can be caused by many, many different things. If you've been sick to your stomach for over a year and haven't thrown up blood that looks like ground coffee grounds (this is one of the main telltale sign of stomach cancer), it's most likely something less severe. I'm obviously not a doctor but I am trying to ease your fears a bit.

Do you take any kinds of medication? Have you been tested for allergies and food intolerances? Are you a healthy weight? Do you drink alcohol or smoke?

When I eat dairy products, I get horrible nausea, stomach pains, etc.

Hang in there. I'm sure if your doctors suspected stomach cancer, they would have you scoped or done a CT scan. If you feel you want these tests just to ease your mind, I would let your doctors know and I'm sure they will run them for you.

• Posted

Hi

No I have not thrown up just nausea and some lightheaded feelings in the beginning. I do not have vertigo . My nausea comes and goes not severe like last year. I take ppi for reflux. Not sure I have reflux? Was told I had it 25 yrs ago.

I have been tested for everything no food allergies or tolerances . Not lactose or celiac, I am vegan and gluten free. I don't drink.

I was heavier 2 years ago ate poorly for awhile but not anymore .I have lost weight maybe 25 lbs too much working on things there. I do not smoke .

I just find I can't get back to 100% and now this cough. I see an ENT today re coughing ear or throat infections. Next week back to my GI.

In a way I want them to find something but in a way no sad

Thx

• Posted

Hi robin

Pleased you have the H.pylori dealt with. If I were you I would start taking probiotics to replace any good bacteria that may have been destroyed while taking ab's. You can get them in health shop in tablet form or via plain yogurt i.e. Onken which is full of good bacteria and very nice with grapes and blueberries. Give it time to replace the good bacteria......hope this helps....if it doesn't improve (give it time) then ask gp for a scope....don't be afraid that's what they are there for!!

• Posted

Thx for your advise I do take probiotics . I use to be heavier but lost 70 lbs in 15 mths. I have 30 to go, I am a vegan and in the last 6 mths went gluten free. Nausea comes and goes but now I have bad cough. I have tried so many meds I am on ppi but trying to wean off .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.